iPod Nano

Frogg

Plugin in the iPod Nano into the USB Port, and the new Hardware Wizard pops up.

01ku9.png

Click on Next to automatically install and get this dreadful thing I've seen in the past with USB Devices while having an nLited XP Pro!

02rj4.png

Device Manager

03tw2.png

Latest iTunes and iPod Updater Software are installed prior to inserting into USB. I tried all USB ports, and get this same thing each time. Weird thing is 1GB USB Memory Stick works fine.

I love using nLite, and this is the only quirk I've had so far. Is the issue with USB devices. I attached my Last Session.ini for the nLite Techies. Installing XP Pro as is isn't even an option!

nLite has spoiled me indeed! :P

Cheers!

P.S.

Also installed RyanVM's latest update pack, including WMP10 addon!

Could be the culprit?

Last_Session__2006.07.29_01.25.33_.ini

Some USB devices require you to install their software and drivers prior to connection
Yes I know this. Apple recommends this with iPods. As do other hardware manufacturer's like Wireless Network Cards "LinkSys" for example. But I can get away with doing this on the network cards.
and some require you to install after connection

It should still work regardless. I've tried this, and it doesn't work.

and some actually require you to connect during installation.

Not once during, or after iTunes or iPod Updater Software did it ask me to connect.

Going to run some more tests today. Will make a fresh nLite'd XP, and try again.

you removed something that you need you just got to do research and figure out what
Most definitely! Just need to figure out what :P
or buy a proper mp3 player smile.gif iaudio

It's not mine duder. It's someone else's PC, and iPod. Just doing it for them!

Trust me if I had the money I'd get myself a JetAudio. iPod's are crap, and so is their s***ty software!

Amen.

(Well, I wouldn't call them crap for what they are, they're ok for anyone who woudn't mind buying an overpriced and generally lacking in such a degree that anyone with basic knowledge, common sense and the money for an iPod would buy an iAudio (or iRiver) or even a Zen (for less money but also less functionality, really people, OGG anyone?) if it meant having what is trendy (god I hate this word!!!) and "in".

-Reality Check-

Ok, well, for starters try various ways to install the drivers (including but not limited to the IPod CD as well as allowing windows to search for the drivers on line).

Also I'd try FIRST installing iTunes and THEN installing iPod.

Finally, if you removed WMP or legacy Audio/Video drivers then this is where I'd start looking for necessary components.

Best of luck!

(more off topic).

Does Rockbox support AAC with iPod? How about for the other devices it supports?

If so then we're back where we started.

Will you buy an overpriced DAP for its' looks (that is IF you find it attractive which I certainly do not) or will you get yourself another RockBox-supported device instread for the same (or even better) functionality at a lower price?

Just a thought (and I really think we should stop now before a Mod tells us off) :P

Edited by Keeperos

rockbox does say it supports AAC, but only upto 128kbps.

it sounds as though you removed something in nLite under audio devices perhaps. i kinda did the same thing, i removed the windows xp sound drivers by accident :lol: . sound card in my laptop was hard to find the driver for. so i just remade my nLite cd.

iv got an iPod nano, and i love having it. the software isnt crap, it works just fine. in fact, iv never had a problem with the software. iTunes doesn't lock up and my iPod doesn't lock up. i put iPod linux on it, but aside from being able to play movies on it, i didnt like it one bit. it was slow to play mp3's (i know its in beta and stuff, but still, its like its desktop counterpart, needs too much to run it properly) and i didnt like the interface they had for it. plus, i couldnt get ogg vorbis to play on it :realmad: that was annoying.

anywho, i like the iPod, thats my opinion, and i respect yours ;)

Edited by Cygnus