Have I done well in the end?

hougtimo

Hi,

I would just like an opinion on how good my OC is. The processor is an athlon 64 3200+ (venice s939) that runs at a stock 2.0GHz. Here is it running at 2.6GHz, and appears to beat some FX processors according to Sandra:

mycpu16ghzge4.th.jpg

Thanks for your views

HougTimo

omg thats high! lol, way too high. most ppl dont recommend over 1.55v in fear of killing their cpu. what mobo u have?

My mobo is an Asus A8V Deluxe board, and I can't seem to OC without doing drastic things to the voltage, also there is no agp lock either, so anything above 2.6GHz shows artifacts :(

Edited by hougtimo

hmm, well that sucks. how long have u been running this overclock? im just telling u that its very dangerous to have this voltage. and how did u test if its stable, prime?

Had prime95 running for 24hours to test. No problems and the temps never exceeded 45'c. Is it still bad?

Most of the time the OC is hold back by the RAM you use. Can you give us some more specs of your PC and FSB/HT and speed settings?

well i hope that he knew well enough to overclock the cpu with the ram on a divider..

Usually when the voltage is that high, and you didn't set it that high, it's more likely than not that your BIOS is reporting it incorrectly. I know that my BIOS reports the voltage at 2.6V, but my amazing air-cooling still manages to keep the temperatures to 30C somehow :).

• 4 weeks later...