Illegal Pre-Made Windows Setup -> Legal Windows Setup

Ello.

Okay, I'm just wondering if it's possible to download an illegal premade copy of Windows with all the updates and SPs already installed [ For instance: the ETH0 releases ] and then somehow appy my own legal cdkey. I'm asking because I have a strage feeling that the copy I'd make wouldnt be nowhere near as good as the the one I'm able to download off the web.

Is this possible?

1. If your asking this question then you know what your doing is wrong which everway you cut it.

2. If you want it done right do it yourself. Stop cutting corners and create your own custom disc. There's enough resources here for you to do this and you might just learn something in the process.

3. Well there isn't a three, just stop asking stupid questions that are likly to get you kicked.

Thats all I have to say on the matter.

Ello.

Okay, I'm just wondering if it's possible to download an illegal premade copy of Windows with all the updates and SPs already installed [ For instance: the ETH0 releases ] and then somehow appy my own legal cdkey. I'm asking because I have a strage feeling that the copy I'd make wouldnt be nowhere near as good as the the one I'm able to download off the web.

Is this possible?

Sorry but YOU even stated ILLEGAL. Again this is not disscussed HERE!!

jd

Yes. It's a theorethical question...I even rang up my local MS branch and asked them the same question and they didnt send the police after me.

But dont get ur panties in a knot...If it's against the rules...Lock it.

Ello.

Okay, I'm just wondering if it's possible to download an illegal premade copy of Windows with all the updates and SPs already installed

Is this possible?

nothing illegal? who are you kidding, that kind of discussion is not allowed is all im saying

not only is it illegal, but the downloaded iso's could contain very bad virus, or trackers. do not download anything like this, just as a precaution for safety, and your own butt. you get caught doing this sstuff, your going to get in big trouble. just use nLite and WPI and a lot of the other programs here, and make your own Custom XP install CD. nothing will be better than a custom tailored cd for yourself.

not only is it illegal, but the downloaded iso's could contain very bad virus, or trackers. do not download anything like this, just as a precaution for safety, and your own butt. you get caught doing this sstuff, your going to get in big trouble. just use nLite and WPI and a lot of the other programs here, and make your own Custom XP install CD. nothing will be better than a custom tailored cd for yourself.
Cygnus is right... Edited by ricktendo64

Just to give a point of view from the other side...

I have several tablet's at my organization, and all are Toshiba's. Now this is almost industry wide, but Toshiba doesn't provide any source installations for anything really...just got two in and they make you create the restore media on the unit! It's a ghost image, and a protected one at that. And even though there is an I386 folder (Which is mangled to hell with OEM junk) there is no CMPNENTS folder that has the actual TabletPC stuff.

So my solution? Obtain a release like mentioned here. I had no other choice really, Toshiba wouldn't budge, Microsoft doesn't sell it, and we don't have TechNet. I attempted to use the previously mentioned I386, but it didn't work out so well since I stripped out a lot of junk OEM drivers and such. I compared the release with other media and there are differences, but only in files you would expect it (TXTSETUP.SIF, WPA stuff, etc.).

Now that might now be quite like what he is wanting to do, but I just wanted to show a possible scenario I think everyone can understand.