Onboard video card burned out,

tubui

I have an INTEL motherboard with onboard video card, and recently I've been getting this ialmrnt5 driver error.. So I reinstall the drivers and stuff and then finally I got this BSOD and then now whenever I turn on the computer, it runs and all but it doesn't show up on the monitor. The monitor just have an orange light power.

I put in this other video card that I got from my other computer that broke that also ran WinXP but then it still the same thing. Do I have to do something else? I can't even see the screen... What do I do??

In the bios you will have to enable the graphics card and disable onboard graphics.

But I can't see anything! Its just black screen whenever I turn my computer on..

Like I turn it on, it runs but the image doesn't show on the monitor. The monitor power light is just orange..

Check and make sure your monitor cable is plugged in all the way. Don't just look at it and assume. Firmly grasp it and push it into the socket. :D If that does not work try a different monitor if available. I have seen where the vga connector LOOKED like it was securely connected when in fact it was not.

jd

Ok, I unplugged it and replugged the card again and it works. Its some sort of Nvdia video card.. But for some reason it keeps shutting down on me like when I click a folder or when I leave it idle for a minute..

Do I need a new driver?!

--

ok this is wierd, I try to boot into safe mode networking to install new drivers for the card. But then it automatically resets me. I do it again and now I got where I first came from. Just black image, but this time with the video card I put in..

"I think your chipset died, since the integrated Intel graphics are part of the chipset."

I think you might be right because earlier before I installed some sort of chipset installation....

What do I do now?!

Edited by tubui

Intergrated Video on a motherboad has seprate video chips. If your Video card (chip set) has died, then replace it with a new PCI/AGP board. However you would need to disable it in bios as well.

Their also the fact that the monitor has it's own Energy Star Compliant deal which you would need to reset your monitor, i have experienced this before.

Intergrated Video on a motherboad has seprate video chips. If your Video card (chip set) has died, then replace it with a new PCI/AGP board. However you would need to disable it in bios as well.

Their also the fact that the monitor has it's own Energy Star Compliant deal which you would need to reset your monitor, i have experienced this before.

So how do I do that?? Right now all I get is black screen whenever I turn my computer on..

ok ok, this is really wierd. i took out the added video card that i put in and now i plugged my monitor to my onboard video card.. it waasn't fried. it turned on..

now i'm back where i came from. THE BEGINNING.. but if I get my ialmrnt5 driver error again, what do I do??

Uninstall your Video Driver from Hardware Manager. Let windows attemp to detect the driver automatic, if it detect is then leave it as is, if it does not and it loads a genric driver, find what your video chip set is or motherboard model. Then download the correect driver. A program like PC wizard, or sandra will get you video card info.