Core 2 Duo

Beppe

yea prob.. i already preordered mine.. shipping out on the 8th.. zipzoomfly is suppose to be getting them on the 7th... and theres is cheaper. 339.. if mine dont ship out b4 the 8th i m gonna order from zzf and cancel from tiger direct which is at 379 with the shippin

@ Beppe,

Yeah they made a way better chip then the P4 series indeed. Power usage went down from almost 100watts to less then 40. AMD has also 35watt CPUs by the way, did you see that? :)

@ travisowens

Jup, the OEMs go first, and boxed versions come later for the rest of the marked. I think you will only find tray versions of it until now, still didn’t see any boxed versions pass by. How does Prozac work? Never tried it :P;)

@ ripken204

I like them both too, just hated the marketing of iNTEL as always :puke:.

OEMs, like HP and DELL dude ;). Ow wait, that is you?

ya right now my cousin wants me to look for a laptop for here, either hp or dell. but im trying to convince here to wait a month or two when the merom should be in notebooks for the same price as the yonah.

yea i got the GA-965P-DQ6 sitting in my closet, waiting for this chip :realmad: and i sold my 930 while it was still worth something.. now i cant test. and i just bought 4 gigs of OCZ 800 i dont know if any of this new stuff works yet :realmad:

no server.. i had the money so i thought having 4 gigs would b nice to have. and i'll b vista ready too. if its not a bunch of crap.. but will be forced too b/c of dx 10 and all. since ms claims xp cant do dx 10... i do host some HL2 dm matches sometimes with me and my friends so lots of ram is good too

I may have new chips and boards that are Core Duo for my ordering customers, but honestly i am going to wait another 6 months, before i build my own as i am sure more Core 2 motherobards will be compliant and/or have greater support forhte processer, by that time programs (some) will be Core 2 Due optimzed. Usually i wait 7 to 12 months, but i belive it is good. Much like waiting for SAtA 2 support became more supported. By waiting i will not have to experience much design flaws. The last reason is the slowest Core 2 Due chip will be cheaer.

:w00t:

im so happy that intel has finally figured it out. but now computer illiterate ppl will be very scewed up. i have a 2.8ghz p4 and but this new computer says it comes with a 2.4ghz processor. why would i want that!?

the point is that intel is using lower ghz and 99.9% of the ppl i know have no clue that ghz means nothing, its how much gets done per cycle.

btw, dell already has the core 2 duo in some desktops

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/topic.a...;l=en&s=gen