Any tweak

it all really depends on line condition. you dont want too much noise on the line. i had a problem like that here at my house where i could only connect at 33.2kbps, but then i made a passthrough switch that went directly to my main telephone line and i went up to about 48.4kbps and sometimes i could get 51kbps.

so try having a direct connect to the phone line with no other wiring being used, that might help you.

also, make sure that you have the fastest phone number.

thats about all i can think off of hand, im sure theres other tweaks that some people know.

thanks bro. here on ma pc internet is usually connecting at 44.0 kbps, and i also have direct connection to phone line. one more thing wat is da normal download speed on ur dial-up connection.here i m usually getting 3.0 kbps or 4.0kbps

thats about the fastest speed your going to get on dialup. the maximum download speed i ever got was just over 3kb/sec.

iv gone to hi-speed recently so i dont have dialup anymore, but i still remember that that was the highest speed your really going to get. you wont really be able to connect at 56kbps even though they say that the modems are capable of it. its like usb 2, you wont hit the fastest throughput just because of other deciding factors.

hope this helps, regards

Modern dial-up modems typically have a maximum theoretical speed of 56 kbit/s, using V.92 protocoand in most cases only up to 53 kbit/s is possible due to overhead and FCC regulation. Factors such as phone line noise and conditions, as well as the quality of the modem itself, if the modem is external or internal, all play a large part in determining connection speeds.

I work on hundreds of PC's that use dial up modems. I even use one myself.

Anything from 28 to 44 kbps is a normal dial up speed depending on line usage at different times of the day.

Download speeds of anything from 2 to 4 kbps is typical.

Occasionally, you'll get a burst of greater speed, even up to 15+ kbps, but that's not usual and you sure can't count on it.

I don't know about where you live, but here in Florida, the lightning capital of the US, you absolutely MUST have a surge protector in line with your computer's modem. It takes a very small power surge on your phone like to fry your modem. A really serious surge will go right through the modem and fry your motherboard.

A typical thunder storm here will generate 3000 to 5000 lightning strikes.

SO, use a good quality surge protector in your phone line.

Good Luck,

Andromeda43 B)

TCP Optimizer ...Bring the slider down to 56k and press optimal settings, this should help...

SPEED DIAL MODEM

Another way to speed up the dialing (this will not speed up your connection only the speed which ur computer dials):

Go to your control panel and choose Phone and Modem Options then choose the Modem Tab, Right click your modem and select properties, then go to the advance tab and in Extra initialization commands type S11=50 (The default is 90)This will speed up the time between button pushes, making ur computer dial faster than before... It will work with any type of modem you have...

untitled3md.jpg

Edited by ricktendo64