Xp Partition?

lennierv

How can I hide the partition???

Partition Magic???

BY THE WAY,

I format my second partition using the 'COMPUTER MANAGEMENT'

that windows has in it......

You said you had Windows in the 1st partition, Data on the 2nd partition before you started.

I'm not clear what the current situation is, whether you did in fact install Windows on the Data partition too.

Anyway, you can use PM or Acronis Partition Manager to hide the second partition.

How can I hide the partition???

Partition Magic???

BY THE WAY,

I format my second partition using the 'COMPUTER MANAGEMENT'

that windows has in it......

You said you had Windows in the 1st partition, Data on the 2nd partition before you started.

I'm not clear what the current situation is, whether you did in fact install Windows on the Data partition too.

Anyway, you can use PM or Acronis Partition Manager to hide the second partition.

I reinstalled windows in the 2nd partition since xp switched it to the second partition

I simply reinstalled it where the previous xp os was which was in the second partition..

Currently I have Xp in my D: drive and my data in the C: drive

But I am going to format it again...

All I want to do is avoid this again which is why I was wondering if I should use the Partition Magic instead of the computer management in WinXP

Edited by lennierv

I created My partition as Primary Partition!

I made a mistake by saying it was an extended partition..

Primary Partitions are bootable which is why the OS switched to it

So should I create it as an extended partition?

I had this problem when I reinstalled a few weeks ago. So after I let it install on the storage partition I just formatted the old windows installation partition through start run/compmgmt.msc go to storage/disk management rebooted and voila it detected an empty partition, installed on c: and the data partition became d: again.

Edited by Tasslehoff

I had this problem when I reinstalled a few weeks ago. So after I let it install on the storage partition I just formatted the old windows installation partition through start run/compmgmt.msc go to storage/disk management rebooted and voila it detected an empty partition, installed on c: and the data partition became d: again.

Don't really understand what u mean .....

this is a hot topic since it received many answers right???