Cant install Windows XP Home Edition cause some files are missing

ckfordy

I cant install XP Home edition cause some files wont install on my computer. There are at least 10 files probably even more but here are some of them that cant be installed. cpqdap01.sys, cyycoins.chm, dvdplay.exe, tsodvd.sys. Those are just some of the files I cant install there are many more and I searched the XP Home disk on a different computer and I cant find these files on the XP disc. I have used different harddrives and cables and i have used 2 different XP discs one was Professional and one was Home and they are missing the same files. Does anybody know what is going on?

You have to say whether the CD is original MS hologram CD or one you burned, because files can't be missing in the hologram CD and burned CDs can pose probems.

Also, files are compressed in the CD so they might not have the same names.

File copying errors can also occur when RAM is insufficient/faulty or CDROM read problem.

You have to say whether the CD is original MS hologram CD or one you burned, because files can't be missing in the hologram CD and burned CDs can pose probems.

Also, files are compressed in the CD so they might not have the same names.

File copying errors can also occur when RAM is insufficient/faulty or CDROM read problem.

It is the hologram CD i didnt burn a copy of it at all. And i searched for the missing files off of the CD on a different computer and cant find them it seems like my computer is asking for files that are not there.

I repeat, many files are compressed and have entirely obscure names in the CD. Mine doesn't have dvdplay.exe either. These files are copied and extracted during installation.

So your problem appears to be reading the CD or copying error. There's nothing wrong the the hologram CD.

Try another CDROM drive to install.

I repeat, many files are compressed and have entirely obscure names in the CD. Mine doesn't have dvdplay.exe either. These files are copied and extracted during installation.

So your problem appears to be reading the CD or copying error. There's nothing wrong the the hologram CD.

Try another CDROM drive to install.

I have tried 2 different DVD drives it wont work i also tried 2 different harddrives and 2 different XP CDS and it wont work and i also get a blue screen half way through of copying the files.

So by saying you can't install these files you have recived an error message stating that. Also their are drivers and files that are compressed in cab files and that if the disk is different release then your own then the location and/or file sizes will be different. If you are recieving erros while using different CD/DVD drives or Hard Drive then consider testing your hardware as state above. Also consider testing your disk on another computer as well.

Hello ckfordy,

So here's the checklist:

• Tried to install XP Home & Professional on two different hard drives on the same computer but still keeps coming up with the installation errors,
  • You have tried two different CD / DVD drives. no help,
  • You recieve a Blue Screen halfway through your Installations.

Solutions:

• Please can you post the Blue Screen error code and details asap and also can you tell us what percentage was the installation was at when the blue screen appears.
  • Have recently added new RAM to the computer, if so remove it and try the installation again,
  • Do a Memtest 86 like what LLXX suggested,

Thanks

mini12

Well guys i got it fixed i i took out my new ram and videocard and put my old ones back in now hopefully it is just my new memory is bad and not my videocard. Thanks for the suggestions and replys and helping me out.