Some info about Longhorn

darkkavenger

So you're saying MS is taking the NTFS file system off totally?

I don't think so! WinFS is only an add-on so that the OS groups ALL of the same type of files together no matter where you store it on your HD.

As for spying on users... MS has been at it for a long time already and that includes WinME.

So you're saying MS is taking the NTFS file system off totally?

I don't think so! WinFS is only an add-on so that the OS groups ALL of the same type of files together no matter where you store it on your HD.

As for spying on users... MS has been at it for a long time already and that includes WinME.

May we could be your own operating system for your PC's

:)

Well since my last post I had a chance to fiddle with some OS's- Windows 2000,

XP home and Lindows 4.0- The 2000 model- not too bad but still a @#$%^*&%%&^ to set up without proper drivers. :) XP- I only went near it because a friend of mine's PC wouldnt start and his keyboard wouldn't work. I got it working with his Restore CD. Pretty straight forward. As for Lindows- Billy Gates better be worried- I tried the version that runs off the CD and I'm VERY impressed. If more third party vendors would make Linux versions of their software, its ASTA-LAVISTA BABY!!!! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

well sorry lads, but it sounds to me like your going to need a 2P 3.0ghz just to boot the bugger??

:

-

Longhorn will require 3D video hardware to render special effects that will make the screen more photorealistic and deep.

its gunna be sllloooow

- The SQL file storage? its going to need a SQL server like thing, also requiring more RAM and slowing the computer

- Its BRAND NEW MS software, this means it wil be full of bugs and will BSOD alot like MS software

so go on lads, pull out your wallets for your computer upgrades..... ££££££££

Basically goto Linux // Stable, fast as %@/*! and its FREE!!