How do I integrate MDAC_TYP.exe

passivity

Hello,

I wanted a Win2000 SP4 disc with MDAC 2.8SP1 slipstreamed with the KB911562 hotfix. If MDAC_TYP.exe and KB911562 were in the HF directory, the resulting installed image caused MBSA to flag that MS06-014 not installed.

I suspect it has something to do with MDAC_TYP.exe. I searched the threads for help, and the closest I got was a suggestion to SVCPACK MDAC_TYP.exe.

So I followed the steps in MS KB 814847. Do I do this before or after running HFSLIP?

Thanks,

PSS

You can put MDAC_TYP.EXE (version 2.8 SP1) in the HF folder but the hotfix for that version is not supported. The reason: MDAC 2.8 SP1 adds lots of new binaries which need to be copied into the Program Files folder which is too complex (for me) to handle through an INF file; I've tried to do it but I failed. The hotfix for version 2.8 SP1 also contains files to be placed in Program Files so it's the same problem there. I even tried integrating the hotfix into the installer at one point but that failed too (a dialog comes up during "silent" install informing the user that something is being installed to which the user needs to click "OK", and in the end some binaries are not installed).

HFSLIP currently makes Windows setup install MDAC_TYP.EXE at first logon for both Windows 2000 and Windows XP. I'll think about having the hotfix for version 2.8 SP1 install at first logon too; it should work but it's ugly.

The hotfix for version 2.5 SP3 is fully slipstreamed. This *can* be done because all it does is update already existing files.

Just don't mix the two together... :)

passivity--

Which version of HFSLIP were you using? Can you also show me the links to the download pages of MDAC_TYP.EXE and the hotfix that you picked?

Hello,

My HFSLIP version is _60528. I obtained the MDAC_TYP.EXE from your HF file list at http://users.telenet.be/tc76/winup/_win2k.html

I select the options for MDAC 2.8 SP1 and the hotfix 911562.

Thnks for replying,

PSS