New to graphics

Hey people, I've been wanting to get into the whole graphics design scene. Maybe get a part time job. I want to learn 3DS MAX. The thing is, I don't want to have to buy a book. I'd prefer getting tutorials and learning like that. However, all the tutorials I've found are for people who know many of the capabilities of the program. So what I wanted to know is, do any of you know of good primers that could help a newbie like me? Thanks.

photo-shop tutorials are everywhere! but "3DS MAX" I've never even heard of that :}

I wish you good luck with your gfx journey! but...you don't become good at it in a day...just take a look around the gfx forum...and look for my name, you'll see what i mean. It took me a while for me to get to where i am today :)

That just goes to show you...with the support of others, the sky's the limit

Edited by WolfX2

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys I am new to this forum and I must say this is a very nice site!!!! many many props to everyone involed in it. I myself am into graphics and I been wanting to know about all the 3d art you see all over the net and this thread here gave me a bit more insight to it so thanks! I cant wait to check that prog out and the rest of this site as well :thumbup

Edited by wawa

I did find some video tutorials on limewire. Will be happy to send them to anyone who wants em That program is a lil big right now for my system. But I cant wait till I can run it with no worries :thumbup

Character_animation_professional_tutorials.exe

Design_visualization_professional_tutorials.exe

Film_Video_professional_tutorials.exe

Games_professional_tutorials.exe

Introductory_tutorials.exe

mental_ray_tutorials.exe

reactor_tutorials.exe

Ive been wondering if my Radeon 9550 can handle the rendering? Do you think I'll need to get an Nvidia quatro or ATI firegl?

I personally love nvidia , I run one of there mid graphics card nVidia 5500 with 256mb but I I am waiting to upgrade my memory to 1-1/2 gb ....I only had 512 right now , thats what they recomend BUt you kow that usually it will still freeze up when trying to get to indepth .... atleast thats always been my problem with some of my graphics programs .. as far as your radeon ... I dont know to much about that brand but it doesnt hurt to try ,, that and I sure others here will be a able to give a lil more advice to all of us here .. I am a beginer/ novice when it comes to hardware but slowly learning I am sure in the hardware hangout thread that is in here could do us both good ....