c_20127.nls, Nlite, and Sysprep

amwoods

I had this problem last year trying to do the exact same thing. If I slipstreamed with any other program except Nlite it worked fine. At the time Nlite's creator said Sysprep was mainly used by companies who don't pay for his product so he wasn't going to fix it.(I don't blame him honestly)

If I remember correctly it was determined that it was caused by Nlite repackaging those files.

One thing I haven't tried that you might. Under Hotfixe, Addons and Update Packs (Maybe under Service Packs too). Click Advanced.

Uncheck the first option to disable direct integration. Perhaps then it will leave the packs alone.

Sorry I don't have a solution, I simply gave up on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I had this problem last year trying to do the exact same thing. If I slipstreamed with any other program except Nlite it worked fine. At the time Nlite's creator said Sysprep was mainly used by companies who don't pay for his product so he wasn't going to fix it.(I don't blame him honestly)

If I remember correctly it was determined that it was caused by Nlite repackaging those files.

One thing I haven't tried that you might. Under Hotfixe, Addons and Update Packs (Maybe under Service Packs too). Click Advanced.

Uncheck the first option to disable direct integration. Perhaps then it will leave the packs alone.

Sorry I don't have a solution, I simply gave up on it.

Turns out one of the earlier posters nailed it. If you remove the InstallFilesPath from sysprep.inf, that fixes the problem. Also, as far as I can tell, it wasn't needed; there doesn't appear to be any missing files or lack of operation. All the drivers are there, all the programs including MS Office are there and functional, and the installation was completely unnattended. I started it up, came back 20 mins later, and it was at the logon screen. Pretty sweet. =)

• 3 weeks later...

God such a waste of time, Nlite is botched. Just use the regular "Normal" way of slipstreaming SP3 and then Sysprep works just fine.

Its NOT just sysprep - try doing any storage protect operations on a machine installed with Nlite's f*** up image of XP and you will be stuck at endless missing files errors.

And yes, there is a "normal" way of integrating drivers and their PCI device ID and vendor ID into XP without using Nlite - then everything works

So the value of Nlite is GUI at the opportunity cost of craped out XP install down the line.. you do the math

Blast at me all you want - things either work or they don't and its NOT a touchy-feely kinda thing. Its concrete objective stuff based on tests and repeatable outcomes :)

Edited by bbiandov