Screen Flicker

hougtimo

Hi,

Something I have always been able to see on CRT monitors is a very obvious flicker. I have used a lot of different monitors, ranging from old ones too brand new high performance screen. I also see this flicker on most TVs. A lot of people have insisted with me that if there is any flicker at all on any CRT monitor there is something wrong with it, however i am unable to see how all the CRTs I have used can be faulty.

I do get migranes and head aches very easily from CRTs / TVs and can't work constantly for over about half an hour on one. I also get migranes from strobe lights or very bright lights. Maybe I can see a flicker that isn't obvious to other people?

Does anybody else here see a flicker on CRT monitors or TVs?

I don't get this problem at all with LCD / TFTs

THanks

HougTimo

i have never noticed any flicker on a tv or a crt monitor and i have used many of them over the years, however i do have a flicker on the laptop im using but i know its because the screen cable is breaking down and need replacing. :hello:

This is what I mean. No one else can see it, but it drives me mad! I am at college at the moment on a CRT and there is a ver definate flicker. But out of 14 people in the room only 2 of us cans see it. My mum also has this problem, and she gets bad migranes too.

I've had this complaint from a few people over the years. It was almost always the refresh rate of the monitor (their screens were always on the default 60Hz).

Try a higher rate and see if it goes away.

Switch to an LCD. Much better for the eyes.

I can still see flicker at 85Hz refresh on a CRT, that's why I use LCDs exclusively now.

I don't really notice it much with the TV, maybe because the phosphor has a higher persistence and I'm farther away.