missing TSHOOT.dll and a couple of others....

NtegrA

1. Somewhere between HFSLIP_60317.CMD and HFSLIP_60528.CMD, HFSLIP has broken down on me. with 60317 I was getting file copy errors due to duplicate entries in TXTSETUP & DOSNET. removing the dupe entries (all after hfslip entries) gave clean install. Just updated my HFs, and since updating to 60528 and above I cannot complete setup with failing in gui with not finding TSHOOT.DLL & BNTS.DLL. I don't know what you need so attached is screen shots, log, txtsetup, dosnet. let me know if additional info is needed.

2. no longer need "I HAVE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS" in CAPS.

3. can "C" be added in drive check in HFSLIP.CMD (SVCPACK)? I copy my I386 to the HD and install from there.

"FOR %%i IN (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO"

4. I think that's all I got. GREAT APP!!!!

post-64020-1149729022_thumb.jpg

Edited by NtegrA

1. Sorry, but I can't help you there. I don't have much experience with filecopy errors and INF files. I hope someone else does.

2. This issue has already been fixed in the latest final release. You can type it in any case or combination of cases you want. I do warn you against asking to remove it completely though. TommyP introduced it a year ago for people who don't read the instructions. Hint:

BTW, if anyone reads the script code, you'll notice a variable called AHTEST. I won't say what the total meaning is behind it, but all I'll say is the 2nd word is HOLE. So you could see my frustration waay back then too.
Edited by Super-Magician

2. This issue has already been fixed in the latest final release. You can type it in any case or combination of cases you want. I do warn you against asking to remove it completely though. TommyP introduced it a year ago for people who don't read the instructions. Hint:

I was just stating that I didn't need CAPS any longer.

Can you try deleting your hfcleanup folder and re-running the script? HFSLIP detected an HFCLEANUP folder.... and FYI, HFCLEANUP isn't the smoothest out there reductionwise.

The only problem I see in the zipped files is one related to the WU Catalog engine (IUCTL.CAB) which will be rectified in the next test release. But "tshoot.dll" is present in both DOSNET.INF and TXTSETUP.SIF so the problem doesn't lie there. Is the file present in your I386 folder?

The only problem I see in the zipped files is one related to the WU Catalog engine (IUCTL.CAB) which will be rectified in the next test release. But "tshoot.dll" is present in both DOSNET.INF and TXTSETUP.SIF so the problem doesn't lie there. Is the file present in your I386 folder?

Yes the file is present along with the other file (TSHOOT.DL_ & BNTS.DL_) that setup is complaining about. These files are also already in \WINDOWS\HELP when the errors occur.

@Tommyp

I will try deleting the folder and rerunning hfslip. will post results this evening.

Edited by NtegrA

Can you try deleting your hfcleanup folder and re-running the script? HFSLIP detected an HFCLEANUP folder.... and FYI, HFCLEANUP isn't the smoothest out there reductionwise.

OK, I tried again after deleting HFCLEANUP with the latest test release 060609a and no go. same two errors. Any other files I can provide for study?

BTW, not sure if it matters or not, my source is OEM.

Edited by NtegrA

Well it looks like I may have found the answer to my problem after some LOOOOOONNGGGG TEEEDDDDDIIIIOOOUUUUSSS searching on this site...It's funny how you can search for "gui missing files" and find nothing but search for "missing files" or "gui missing" and maybe find what you are looking for...

I found a post on this site that sent me to Ryanvm's site and the following post:

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1653

Specifically the section where he adds the following to txtsetup.sif:

Here's what I added into my FileFlags section: 

BNTS.DLL = 16
TSHOOT.DLL = 16
SNIFFPOL.DLL = 16
SSTUB.DLL = 16
SSDPSRV.DLL = 16
SSDPAPI.DLL = 16
UPNP.DLL = 16
UPNPHOST.DLL = 16
UPNPCONT.EXE = 16
UDHISAPI.DLL = 16
SAPICPL.HLP = 16
SPEECH.CHM = 16

So far I only added the first two lines as a test, and it produces more errors as, so I will try with the complete list. Is this something that HFSLIP could possibly handle (if it works) :thumbup or would this strictly be left as a user initiated manual change only? :thumbdown HEH.

Thanks again for an excellent app(?) script(?) whatever(?)

First see if you can get this to work. If you actually get *more* errors I doubt anyone will want to incorporate it into HFSLIP... :)

Rerunning build as I type with fingers crossed (is that possible?)

OK, so... adding those lines to txtsetup.sif seems to have fixed the missing file problem. I am going to re run it again just to be sure.

Unrelated to previous problem. I am having problems with hotfix KB887472 (MS05-009). From my very first attempt to slip that bad boy into my install, MSBSA 2.0 claims that it's not installed.

AND last but not least.. Any answer to #3 in my original post?

@Tommyp - I was just thinkinnnnn. I got a couple extra appendages that could be useful... :blushing: