intel 520

deathwarder

its stock speed is 2.8ghz, and I have it at 3.5ghz, it isnt overheating, the fsb is 1000mhz, and the memory timings are set automaticly by my bios, the cpu voltage is 1.38 but upping it doesn't help, and upping the memory voltage doesn't help. How can I get it higher? The multiplier is 14 and locked.

well one thing to remeber when ocing, there is a limt.

some things to help:

putting a divider on your ram, losening your timeings

chipset voltage increase may help

general inprovement of temps, it may not be overheating but it will help.

I will up the voltage of the chipset as well, but my cpu maxes out at 52 with the fans on low, will them on high it maxes out at 49. I don't know how to set dividers on my ram, how do I do it? My timings are already very lax.

That's still far below the upper temperature limit, which is supposed to be 70°C for most Intel CPUs. You can go higher by adjusting your memory frequency down closer to stock. In the frequency control options there should be an FSB frequency setting followed by memory frequency setting. Reduce the memory frequency.

yes, let me update you,

ok, I got it to 3.57ghz, but then I think I changed a setting and it now only hits 3.5ghz, I will list the settings related to this below, and what they are set at

External Frequenct: 250mhz

dram frequency: 425mhz(other options are auto set by spd, and some higher numbers)

generate clock spread spectrum: Enabled

Dram voltage: 2.7v

Chipset core voltage: 1.6v

cpu voltage: 1.4000v

FSB termination voltage: auto(can be set to 1.2, 1.4)

Pci-e frequency: 100

PCI sync mode: 33.33mhz(this is the sync to pci-e option)

Configure dram timing by spd:enabled(if disabled options for the timings come up)

I have tried very very lax timings of 3-4-4-5, and have upped all listed voltages to their current values. Memory is at its lowest speed, though I thik it is the memory keeping it back. If I could manipulate the multiplier that would help