Slipstreamed all office updates in the Office 2003 install

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Same here, I used the CMD office updater from msfn and still Micro$h!t says I need to update.

And yet if you go to Office Update on MS's site, it works properly and state you have 0 downloads required. Go figure...

I've opened a case with MS specifically on this issue, I will update this thread if MS responds with a solution.

Hi,

I've done an Administrative Installation Point from my Office 2003 CD and slipstreamed SP2 & all office updates needed as it's explained here. After have installed Office from updated installation point (from HD) I had no any problems :thumbup. But after burning my updated office on a CD I can't install Office 2003 from my CD. It asks to provide the original CD. But this CD doesn't help. Why?

Hi,

I've done an Administrative Installation Point from my Office 2003 CD and slipstreamed SP2 & all office updates needed as it's explained here.

That is what we have all done. Have you checked your installation via *microsoft update*, not *office update*? And when I mean *microsoft update*, that means you have upgraded *windows update* to *microsoft update*.

Edited by fragbert

That is what we have all done. Have you checked your installation via *microsoft update*, not *office update*? And when I mean *microsoft update*, that means you have upgraded *windows update* to *microsoft update*.

I'm not sure but I think YES, I have done the upgrade in question by incduning MUWEB_SITE.CAB from here in my process of Windows XP & 2K3 slipstreaming. Do you mean that? I think not...

When must I check my installation? After have slipstreamed updates or after have installed Office 2003?

Thanks

I've found the origin of my problems. Our Office istallation CD is not original or "standard"... Concerning internet updates I have the same as others: all is OK with WU and OU but not with MU :angry:

I've found the origin of my problems. Our Office istallation CD is not original or "standard"... Concerning internet updates I have the same as others: all is OK with WU and OU but not with MU :angry:

Welcome to the club.

Update - I have opened several cases with Microsoft, with one finally reaching somebody who understands english properly and recognizes our very specific problem with *MU*. So far it looks like the bug with MU is that it will list the updates for download if these hotfixes are not listed in add/remove programs when "show updates" is checked. Since these are integrated before installation, the hotfixes will of course not be listed under Office 2003. Office Update clearly uses a different (and correct!) method in detecting previously installed/integrated hotfixes.

I'll update as this case continues.

• 3 months later...