Can't run any games in XP pro!

Wulfy

I can't run any games in a full window in XP pro.

System:

AMD 1.4 Ghz XP 1600+

Soyo Dragon+ KT266A

512 DDR PC2100

64 Gigs HD

GeForce 2 Ti 64mb AGP

I've ran all updates on my drivers. Whenever I start any game, including "Internet Hearts", my screen scrambles and I get a scrambled blue screen of death. My system then restarts and gives me an error with the nvidia driver. This happens with the following games (the only games I've tried)

Quake 2

Quake 3

Black & White

Age of Empires 2

Starcraft

Diablo 2

Baldur's Gate

Can SOMEONE HELP ME!

welcome to the club buddy:cool:

u are now a member of the f#%$ over by xp club!!and other manufactures:rolleyes:

I actually have the same probs cant run any 3d acceleration under xp

similar system to ur's all I can say is check ur det drivers and see what version ur running and try another version perferably later drivers

maybe give the VIA 4in1 drivers a go for ur mainboard

goodluck:blueteam

• 4 weeks later...

Wulfy, you don't say what make your card is or what version your driver is.

I have seen many posts on the Nvidia 23.11 driver, most bad. I have had a problem with that driver (not as bad as yours) and I have changed to 22.50. I have run benchmark tests on most XP nvidia drivers and 22.50 works best for me.

Check the web site of your card manufacturer and also as already posted check your 4 in 1 (if you have a Via chipset). Your card maunfacturer should have the latest XP drivers for your card. If that don't work let me know.

You can e-mail me @ Zippy@apgaming.com.

Zippy

I can't run any games in a full window in XP pro.

System:

AMD 1.4 Ghz XP 1600+

Soyo Dragon+ KT266A

512 DDR PC2100

64 Gigs HD

GeForce 2 Ti 64mb AGP

I've ran all updates on my drivers. Whenever I start any game, including "Internet Hearts", my screen scrambles and I get a scrambled blue screen of death. My system then restarts and gives me an error with the nvidia driver. This happens with the following games (the only games I've tried)

Quake 2

Quake 3

Black & White

Age of Empires 2

Starcraft

Diablo 2

Baldur's Gate

Can SOMEONE HELP ME! [/quote:73b39e2b47]

Ive got the Geforce 2 Ultra from elsa and never had a promblem with any of those games. One game that wouldnt work was TonyHawks Pro skater, but all I had to do is get the update for it. Your having a promblem with your Nvidia drivers. I would highly suggest you explore different Det. 4 drivers, also use the search feture on the main page (top right)....this topic has been discussed soooo many times.

-XPerties

• 4 weeks later...

I've trying and surfing all day and there is only 1 solution (which seriously dislike):

You will have to reduce your memory speed from 133 Mhz to 100 Mhz in your bios. This means a great loss of performance but it's the only known workaround yet. I tried it and it fixed the problem for me.

Drivers, try them all... up to the 27.20 dets.

Next try the Mhz reduction as referred in a previous post.

And then try going to your display properties

go to control panel, display, settings, troubleshooting, reduce the hardware acceleration until the games start to work. And make sure enable writing combining is unchecked.

And try to use the programs in compatibility mode.

Also if you have overclocked that card, undo whatever you did.

Another thing, try a different card. If you still get the same results maybe your XP installation is crap.

Try playing with your direct X settings!

And lastly, get the new Geforce4 Ti 200 card.

Big Booger

I knew that, i don't know why i suggested this, other than I am sure I saw on a tweap board something about directx and 8.0a making a difference, from the one that is initially installed with XP.

So please disregard that point in my following post.

Sorry,

"hey the bugger sometimes gets confused"

Big Booger