Windows Vista Beta 2 Build Number

bartyl

It has been revealed that Windows Vista Beta 2 will be build number 5384.4-060518-1455. This build is apparently being given out today at WinHec although we will have to wait and see when it will be released to Beta Testers.

Curious how much different this is from 5381.1 that was also labeled as Beta 2 (whether it really was or not)

5384 is Beta 2, builds released before that where Beta 1, the Beta 2 refence where just place holders and nothing more.

:) you have been seeing references to Beta 2 since around 5308... just a name.... **** i download is slow.... is everyone is the world Dloading this?

@bledd

you can joing at connect but you won't get into the beta, at least not till beta 2.

you can sign up for beta 2 here when it is released publicaly.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...reregister.mspx

technet will cost you $$$ to join but if your company has a MSDN account you could get it there too

Installing it now on my Inspiron... Heard a rumor online that MS's Windows Validation Servers were plugged up for a day or so because of all the activations :)

FOr some reason, I don't recall seeing BETA 2 on the little desktop version stamp until 5381... Oh well.

Edited by Albuquerque

Yeah, it came out middle of last week sometime for the registered BETA folks. I've had it on my Inspiron for about five days and it's doing better. I dont' get the incessant "VPU Recover" loop when I hibernate / suspend, although it's not too far different IMO from 5381.1