Adobe Photoshop CS2 Update 9.0.1

ajua

I just download it but i dont know how to install it silently. I repack it and worked well but i dont know if i can install future updates with this method. anyone knows other method? thanks.

BTW, you can get the update here

EDIT: thanks to jaws75 for the reminder. extract it and run setup.exe -r than copy setup.iss in windows folder to you update folder

to use it in runonceex just use this syntax setup.exe -s -f2"path\logfile.log" thats it. the path is required if you run it from a read only media such as cd/dvd

Edited by elajua

What switches did you use to install the update ?

I always get the update was completed succesfully message at the end and i need to click the finish button to exit .

How do i install this update completely silently ?

Thanks in advance

@ironside

i made a repack by monitoring what changed after the update was installed and make an msi setup that works great but i dont know if i will be able to install updates using my repacked setup.

i cannot make setup.iss

??

Please help

have you read this link?

you have to run setup.exe -r and the program will install the update. a file named setup.iss will be created in your windows folder, copy it before closing the setup. to use it, just copy it to your update setup folder. now you just have to call the setup with some switches.

setup.exe -s -f2"%systemdrive%\update.log"

the text in quotes is a destination path to create a log file, since it can be created automatically in your update folder if you un this from a cd/dvd.

it seems that the .iss method is not working. my uadvd didnt have any problems but the update apparently didnt installed using this method.

anyone with other suggestions? thaks.

• 2 weeks later...

I use AutoIt to install the update immediatley after installing (and activating) PSCS2:

SplashTextOn		("", "" & @CRLF & "Updating Adobe Photoshop CS2..."  & @CRLF & ""   & @CRLF & "Please wait..."  & @CRLF & "", 320, 90, -1, -1, 1, "Arial", 12, 12)
Sleep (5000)
SplashOff ()
Run ( @ScriptDir & "\901update\setup.exe")
WinWait ("Adobe Photoshop CS2", "Installation was successful")
Sleep (500)
ControlClick ("Adobe Photoshop CS2", "", "Button4")

All done.

Edited by blinkdt