[How-to] Adobe Acrobat Pro Silent, Customized and Activated

ajua

after reading multiple topics and trying on my own i figured out how to get it right this time.

as always, instructions only so you can make an SFX if you want.

1)Open Abcpy.ini and insert your serial number like this and save it

[OEM Install]
ISX_SERIALNUMBER=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

2)Use InstallShield Tuner for Acrobat (get it at adobe.com) to make your mst file. just select the .ITW file in acrobat folder, select the msi file, and configure the way you want it.

3)Download Update 7.0.7 cumulative to update from 7.0.x to latest 7.0.7. Then place it wherever you want and callit with this switches /s /rs (if you use only /s you will get it silent but will be promted to restart).

Now you have to install it normally in order to activate it and configure the program in the the way you want.

4)Export the following from registry to save your configuration: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe

5)Your license file is located in Allusersprofile\Application Data\Adobe Systems\Product licenses. Copy the .dat file. if you have more than one adobe product then then check the file access time and the last one will be the acrobat activation file.

That is all what you need. for installing just use

AcroPro.msi /TRANSFORMS=AcroPro.mst /qn /norestart

run the update707.exe and then copy the .dat file you backed up earlier and import the registry settings.

You will get it Activated, Customized and Silently installed and updated.

Hope this helps as there are many topics on this one.

elajua

Thanx for you explanation. After reading it, however, I have one or two doubts.

You say:

1)Open Abcpy.ini and insert your serial number like this and save it

CODE[OEM Install]ISX_SERIALNUMBER=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

(1).In my previous Acrobat SFX, which functions really well, but which was NOT activated, I added the serial to the MST produced by InstallShield Tuner for Acrobat, and that part went fine. For this ACTIVATED version, do I have to edit Abcpy.ini or can I go on doing what I was doing before?

4)Export the following from registry to save your configuration: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe
(2).I did not copy any registry for my non-activated version, do I have to this time? Or do I simply ignore steps 1) and 4) , just adding the license .dat file to my SFX?
5)Your license file is located in Allusersprofile\Application Data\Adobe Systems\Product licenses. Copy the .dat file. if you have more than one adobe product then then check the file access time and the last one will be the acrobat activation file.

(3). I followed your instructions and located the .dat file, but I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it. Am I supposed to add it alongside the other files in my Admin Installed Acrobat folder before making the SFX, i.e. before clicking Add to Archive on my WinRar? If so, does it just go with all the other existing files or does it go into a specific folder?

Thanks again! :)

ok, lets see:

1) You have to write your serial number into Abcpy.ini along with the one in the MST file (wich are the same code). if you dont do this, the setup will return an error.

2) In order to get it activated you have to import the registry settings and the .dat file

3) The .dat file can be in another SFX archive and must be extracted to the original location, not anywhere else.

• 1 month later...

I've followed the exact steps and it still prompts me activate when I first run Acrobat.

I have a couple issues.

1. I used the Installshield Tuner for acrobat to create the mst file, and I set it up so that it does not install Adobe Designer. After the install Adobe Designer was installed. Could this be because the 7.07 update installed designer?

2. When running the acrobat 7.07 update, first off, it shows all the normal UI, and then at the end of the update, it prompts me if I want to restart (Yes or No). Is there any way to silently run the update and not ask me if I want to reboot afterwards??

Thanks

*atomic.rabbit

Edited by atomicrabbit

I couldn't locate this dat file. Can you tell me the name of this file and the exact directory?

I couldn't locate this dat file. Can you tell me the name of this file and the exact directory?

Its actually %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\Adobe Systems\Product licenses\

Go to Start > Run, and paste that path into the field, and press enter. It should take you the the right folder. You can also navigate manually to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe Systems\Product licenses\ (change C: to whatever your system drive is ... if it's not C:\)

Still waiting for a response for my post above (#4)

Both should work

Edited by atomicrabbit

Sorry for my bad english im from Germany

Product licens File not work

Seems as though your screenshot is referring to Photoshop. This topic is about Adobe ACROBAT Pro.

Can someone please refer to my question above (#4) :(

Edited by atomicrabbit

hey atomic rabbit

first, you have to activate it once in order to obtain your license file and registry entries. its important to know that the license file is machine-dependant so license file from other computers wont work.

the update uses switches, have you tried running update707.exe /sALL /rps

about designer being installed even when you configure the mst to not install it maybe an issue of the mst file itself or the update. i hate adobe updates, all of them cause trouble.

hope this helps

• 3 months later...
You da man

is that the Final cumulative update link?

the update referred above is the cumulative for 7.0.7. there is already an 7.0.8 update but its not cumulative, you have to run both updates in order to to rise version to 7.0.8.