AMD 64 x2 3800

Brando569

im really starting to think all this 64 bit crap is wayy more trouble then its worth. after about 10 or so tries i finally get windows installed, and once i do alotta stuff is screwed up! :realmad:

first off windows says it cant install my SATA and PATA drivers cuz they arent supported by my processor and some of the programs that were bundled with my board dont work cuz they arent supported by my processor. also windows is giving me errors about the snap-ins not working or something and firefox wont load cuz it tells me its already open but its unresponsive and i have to close it or reboot the computer. i did both and even uninstalled it and reinstallled it and the same thing still happens!

this is starting to remind me of why i switched to linux....

the processor will have nothing todo with the errors your getting, are you using windows xp x64 or just standard XP 32bit
Most likely the x64 version. 32-bit XP isn't known for such problems.

Regarding drivers, it sounds like you're either trying to install 32bit drivers on a 64bit OS or 64bit drivers on a 32bit OS. Make sure you get the right drivers to match the version of Windows you're installing. Both sets are available from nvidia.com

i only have a snap in error for diskeeper, but diskeeper still works fine.

what mobo u have? sata and pata should be automatically supported, it has nothing to do with the cpu.

yea i just ignore the diskeeper errors and i believe the sata and pata driver errors were because i slected the wrong drivers in nlite by accident. also the were the RAID drivers so i dont need them anyway.

currently im using the 32 bit version of xp, that is until i can get my hands on the 64 bit version :D

i fixed 95% of the errors i was gettin by remastering a UA cd and i also think it had to do with combining the ram that i used for my old asus board with the ram for this board. just for your knowledge im using the Asus A8N-SLI

Edited by Brando569