xbox 360 music

deathwarder

I have a huge music collection that I want to put on my 360, I cant stream it from a pc, as I do not have enough hd space on the computer it is hooked up to, and my other computers are on a different network. I was wondering if I can burn the music to a dvd in a way that will let me rip it to the 360?

well with the regular xbox there is a disk u could but called "xbox music mixer" which allow you to connect the xbox to the comp and transfer it thru an ethernet cable.

and also for the regualr xbox, it would only be able to use the cda file format, the music mixer allows mp3.

Get an External USB hardrive then - plug it into the 360 and it's picked up as portable device. However - I think there is a limit of 100 songs unless you stream it. You wouldn't be able to put your music on the 360 HDD as it has a paltry 13gb.

Best bet would be to buy a very large internal HDD, install it into the PC networked to the 360 then configure it to stream.

I have a huge music collection that I want to put on my 360
I only have like 3-4gigs of music, but on the networked computer I need every last meg, If I plug in a portable usb device will I be able to copy the music to the hdd?

You call 3-4gigs a 'huge music collection' ? Muahaha...

Apparenlty w/o modding there is no such way that I know of or can find to copy music in .mp3 directly top the 360. Just buy some more HD space and use windows media connect, which comes with XP SP2 to stream music. Check google man! G/L ;)