unable to install win xp

chain

Hi!

I have a problem with installing win xp.

My PC spec:

MB: Asus P4C800 with 875p chipset

CPU: Pentium P4 2.8 Ghz

HDD: Samsung SP 1614N

Problem:...I am trying to reinstall win xp but I can't do that. I boot from cd, then partion, and format my HDD that isn't in RAID and it has no sata interface, after format is file copying..then setup restart my pc and after restart setup doesn't starts but appears windows xp green loading bar which hangs up and nothing continues even if I wait for a long time...there is nothing for it but restart..

In BIOS i have made changes with onboard sata controller which is disabled....but problem still occurs..

In my opinion, there is no need to press F6 in setup begin to install a third party SCSI or raid drivers is it true? where is the problem??

In beggining of this problem I thought like you but my opinion changed after I tried 3 different CD's and 2 CD-ROM's.. In all cases the disk was one type-- Win XP SP2...

Yes I tried HDD diagnostic with HDTune..it found 2 bad blocks at the begin of HDD....maybe it's reason.....

Yes I also tried to clean CMOS, but nothing was changed after that.... :no:

check the ram ,then the motherboard

try disabling the usb in the cmos first before anything else. i worked on a pc with a bad usb that caused similar problems.

Edited by bober

Yes I tried HDD diagnostic with HDTune..it found 2 bad blocks at the begin of HDD....maybe it's reason.....

At the beginning of the HDD is a very bad sign... that's where the OS loader and partition table reside. A new hard drive seems to be the only solution. Fortunately they're not as expensive as they used to be.

At the beginning of the HDD is a very bad sign... that's where the OS loader and partition table reside. A new hard drive seems to be the only solution. Fortunately they're not as expensive as they used to be.

while that is probly true, you need to rule out other things like ram, mainboard, etc...

problems with ram cause this type of thing alot.