Powerdvd v7.x Silent Install

GoRo

i use this in my cleanup.cmd :

DEL "%systemdrive%\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\OLRSubmission\OLRSubmission.exe"
DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\Gebruiker\Menu Start\Programma's\CyberLink PowerDVD\On-Line Registration.lnk"
RD /S /Q "%SystemDrive%\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\OLRSubmission\""

EDIT:

It contains a few dll files wich are skins for power dvd in a sfx file.(silent swichless)

I dont know who the author is , so credits go to him/her.

http://rapidshare.de/files/29308972/PdvdSkin.rar.html

Screenshots :

http://www.neowin.net/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t466767.html

I dont know how to make own buttons and stuff like that , but you can change the "wallpaper" in the skin.

Open it with resource hacker of resource tuner.

And replace the picture , remember it has to be .png

Now you have a customized power dvd.

Edited by muiz

Ok, everybody. I did it! I'm ashamed it took me so long to figure it out... First, if you want to install PowerDVD, and don't have DirectX, PowerDVD 5.0 is the last version that doesn't require DirectX. The problem I had with installing 5.0 was the silent installation kept getting halted on one screen that just tells you about a new feature in the program. The problem was skipping that screen.

First, to make this work, you need to know how to make SFX archives. I use WinRAR.

Here's how to do make it a silent install (also works for most InstallShield installer programs, too). Run the Setup.exe in "record" mode. That will record all your selection of options. You will actually install it like normal, including entering your serial number and everything. When finished, it will generate a file called setup.iss in your Windows directory. I made a .bat file with this inside:

setup.exe -r

Now to make the silent installer. Find the setup.iss file. What I did was make a SFX archive to put the file in the Windows directory. I named it issfile.exe. This is my SFX code:

Path=%windir%\
SavePath
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

Then I wrote a .bat file with this code:

start issfile.exe
start setup.exe /s /f1"%windir%\setup.iss"
exit

The setup.exe is the setup file for PowerDVD. You can rename the .iss file, but the setup.exe must be named setup.exe! Finally, I made an SFX for the whole thing. It includes all setup files, the .bat file, and the SFX that copies the .iss to Windows. Here is the SFX code for the final installer:

Setup=setuppowerdvd.bat
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

It worked perfectly! It may sound complicated on first reading, but it really isn't. Just do these things one step at a time and you will get it!

i use this in my cleanup.cmd :

DEL "%systemdrive%\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\OLRSubmission\OLRSubmission.exe"
DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\Gebruiker\Menu Start\Programma's\CyberLink PowerDVD\On-Line Registration.lnk"
RD /S /Q "%SystemDrive%\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\OLRSubmission\""

EDIT:

It contains a few dll files wich are skins for power dvd in a sfx file.(silent swichless)

I dont know who the author is , so credits go to him/her.

http://rapidshare.de/files/29308972/PdvdSkin.rar.html

Screenshots :

http://www.neowin.net/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t466767.html

I dont know how to make own buttons and stuff like that , but you can change the "wallpaper" in the skin.

Open it with resource hacker of resource tuner.

And replace the picture , remember it has to be .png

Now you have a customized power dvd.

somebody should let the skin maker of powerdvd 7 that his skins have bugs while playing movie more that 1 hour... draging video will fail.......... means cannot foward it to 1.30 2.00 of the video files...

no idea how to extract all those skin file and replace...

rehack can't read the bitmap at all

by the way muiz

do u know how to make more command to rar sfx to run more command....

if u have one line to register the software and wanna patch it other things... can it be done?

Edited by cyberloner

I used the Custom INI file from the first post, all goes well

apart from this at the end of the install..

pdvdwantsrebootsi2.jpg

Is there any INI setting I could add after the serial like REBOOT=0 or anything?

That is NOT PowerDVD

Then export the following reg key :

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PowerDVD]
"Header"="Deluxe"
"HasCDKEY"=dword:00000001
"InstalledPacks"="CPRM Pack, DivX Pack, DTS Pack, DTS 96/24 Pack, DVD-Audio Pack, Express Pack, Interactual Pack, Mobility Pack, MPEG4 AVC Pack"
"UI_PMK"="xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx"
"UI_RMK"="xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx"
"TEST"=dword:00000000
"KeyUpdate"=dword:00000002
"CPNav"=dword:00000002
"MustUpdateKey"=dword:00000002

(xxxx stands for your own keys)

i named it : "PowerDVD7.reg"

Now copy that reg file in the same folder as where you extracted your setup.

In the folder withe the extracted setup open the "Custom.ini" file

and add this :

silent=1
GoogleToolbar=0

You can now remove the google toolbar folder.

And make a SFX file with those files , like this :

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=Setup.exe
Presetup=REGEDIT /S PowerDVD7.reg
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

You van give it your own icon with winrar.

Now your switcheless silent powerdvd is ready.

Hi muiz, nice but...I`m really new to this so I have some questions, can you pls explain if possible? I installed, registered, also extracted file I downloaded before installation...so ok. But:

1) I exported whole reg key you mentioned: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PowerDVD].

The problem is that I don`t have some lines which you mentioned e.g. "Header"="Deluxe" and "TEST"=dword:00000000 so I simply copied these from yours to mine, i had also some different values:"CPNav"=dword:00000003; "MustUpdateKey"=dword:00000003, yours shows 00000002 so i simply edited mine...is that ok? And is this whole reg file I should save or is it only a part?

2) I`m just going to study creating of sfx files so can you please put some link here to the sfx archives in general?

3) After I sucessfully create sfx file is it possible to run this with RunOnceEx method?

That would be enough, thanks a lot in advance.... :thumbup