Powerdvd v7.x Silent Install

GoRo

Hi muiz, nice but...I`m really new to this so I have some questions, can you pls explain if possible? I installed, registered, also extracted file I downloaded before installation...so ok. But:

1) I exported whole reg key you mentioned: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PowerDVD].

The problem is that I don`t have some lines which you mentioned e.g. "Header"="Deluxe" and "TEST"=dword:00000000 so I simply copied these from yours to mine, i had also some different values:"CPNav"=dword:00000003; "MustUpdateKey"=dword:00000003, yours shows 00000002 so i simply edited mine...is that ok? And is this whole reg file I should save or is it only a part?

2) I`m just going to study creating of sfx files so can you please put some link here to the sfx archives in general?

3) After I sucessfully create sfx file is it possible to run this with RunOnceEx method?

That would be enough, thanks a lot in advance.... :thumbup

Actually what 'muiz' has posted is registry settings from PowerDVD 6. What you really need is:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PowerDVD]
"NO_CK"=dword:00002710
"VCPSRealKey"=dword:00002710
"noRunReg"=dword:00000001
"CPNAV"=dword:00000003
"CLH264"=dword:00000001
"HasCDKEY"=dword:00000001
"CDKey"="xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx"
"BuildInPacks"="Notebook Pack, MPEG4 AVC Pack"
"MustUpdateKey"=dword:00000003
"KeyUpdate"=dword:00000003
"UI_RMK"="xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx"
"UI_PMK"="xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx"
"InstalledPacks"="Advance Audio Pack, Interactual Pack"

Ofcourse, the above is valid if you have a 'Deluxe Serial', 'Advance Audio Pack Serial' & 'Interactual Pack' Serial'.

I have tried every single combination and method of making a silent installer for this, including the one's mentioned here and I have a come to a conclusion that none of them seem to completely work. Maybe I am wrong, so before I go any further let me verify this:

Have you guys checked in 'About' and then in 'Upgrade', are there any options available for purchase? If this were working properly then there should be no available options there and if there are any options available then obviously something is amiss.

Assuming you guys also have the same options to purchase 'Deluxe POwerDVD' or 'Standard PowerDVD' available as I do, the next question that comes up is, whether we actually have a Deluxe installation and these options are only showing up erroneously or do we have an installation that looks like a Deluxe install but really is not.

In case I am wrong about all this, then please excuse me. But I have tried this every which way with the same results.

Edited by Sanjay

I have tried every single combination and method of making a silent installer for this, including the one's mentioned here and I have a come to a conclusion that none of them seem to completely work. Maybe I am wrong, so before I go any further let me verify this:

Have you guys checked in 'About' and then in 'Upgrade', are there any options available for purchase? If this were working properly then there should be no available options there and if there are any options available then obviously something is amiss.

Assuming you guys also have the same options to purchase 'Deluxe POwerDVD' or 'Standard PowerDVD' available as I do, the next question that comes up is, whether we actually have a Deluxe installation and these options are only showing up erroneously or do we have an installation that looks like a Deluxe install but really is not.

In case I am wrong about all this, then please excuse me. But I have tried this every which way with the same results.

I will check this later on as soon as I return home. I remember but I`m not sure - I have still an option purchase when right clicking on the main screen. Considering the way of upgrading method I think it`s just "these options are only showing up erroneously" and we have Deluxe for real. Isn`t this mentioned in reg file where packs are shown? I think yes. Anyway I`ll check at home and I`ll post.

Actually what 'muiz' has posted is registry settings from PowerDVD 6. What you really need is:

Ofcourse, the above is valid if you have a 'Deluxe Serial', 'Advance Audio Pack Serial' & 'Interactual Pack' Serial'.

Should I therefore just copy above to my new PowerDVD7reg. file without exporting my reg data from windows registry and then just edit serials?

Can you/somebody also please try to reply to my last 2 questions?

2) I`m just going to study creating of sfx files so can you please put some link here to the sfx archives in general?

3) After I sucessfully create sfx file is it possible to run this with RunOnceEx method?

Thanks!

I can make SFX archives, but not the way you've posted... Why's the SFX at all? If it only imports the .reg the deployment can be done without it... Am I right? At least explain how these lines - 'setup' and 'presetup' - are being made...

I have checked and I found no upgrades in "About" --> "Upgrade". PM me Sanjay so we can solve this.

U dont kn ow what you all did wrong , but it works 100%

and NO its not from 6.0

Learn to read!

Hi muiz, nice but...I`m really new to this so I have some questions, can you pls explain if possible? I installed, registered, also extracted file I downloaded before installation...so ok. But:

1) I exported whole reg key you mentioned: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PowerDVD].

The problem is that I don`t have some lines which you mentioned e.g. "Header"="Deluxe" and "TEST"=dword:00000000 so I simply copied these from yours to mine, i had also some different values:"CPNav"=dword:00000003; "MustUpdateKey"=dword:00000003, yours shows 00000002 so i simply edited mine...is that ok? And is this whole reg file I should save or is it only a part?

That would be enough, thanks a lot in advance.... :thumbup

1 word : NO

U dont kn ow what you all did wrong , but it works 100%

and NO its not from 6.0

Learn to read!

1 word : NO

Oki muiz. I did nothing yet except extracting, installing and registering so I have full Power DVD 7 Deluxe with all packs.

My question is if I have to copy and save below to the new "powerDVD7.reg file even if I`m missing some lines and some are different or even it is much longer when I extract my whole reg keys (?) :

"Header"="Deluxe"

"InstalledPacks"="CPRM Pack, DivX Pack, DTS Pack, DTS 96/24 Pack, DVD-Audio Pack, Express Pack, Interactual Pack, Mobility Pack, MPEG4 AVC Pack"

"TEST"=dword:00000000

"KeyUpdate"=dword:00000002

"CPNav"=dword:00000002

"MustUpdateKey"=dword:00000002

(I`ll of course change xxxx to my serials.

This part is ok so nothing to explain:

In the folder withe the extracted setup open the "Custom.ini" file

and add this :

CODEsilent=1

GoogleToolbar=0

You can now remove the google toolbar folder.

And make a SFX file with those files , like this :

And this is really new to me, I don`t know how to create sfx file. I assumed to use WinRar but where I have to add below lines, can you please explain?

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=Setup.exe

Presetup=REGEDIT /S PowerDVD7.reg

TempMode

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

I never did this before, so I don`t know how to do it...

And my last question is if possible to run final sfx archive with RunOnceEx...

Your concrete reply will be much appreciated as it will help me so much as an example...

Thanks a lot man in advance!

Edited by embe

@muiz:

thanks, I`ll check.

And waht about reg.file? Would it be enough to copy lines you mentioned just with editing serial numbers?

@brnn:

can you pls tell me which swithech then to use in RunOnceEx?

Edited by embe

@brnn:

REG ADD %KEY%\026 /VE /D "PowerDVD 7" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\026 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\pwrdvd7\pwrdvd.exe" /f

Of course, you must change the number with your own, you must also change the directory and the name of the .exe file with your own. I hope it will work...

@brnn:

REG ADD %KEY%\026 /VE /D "PowerDVD 7" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\026 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\pwrdvd7\pwrdvd.exe" /f

Of course, you must change the number with your own, you must also change the directory and the name of the .exe file with your own. I hope it will work...

Hi! I managed it yesterday to work! I have to change some lines in reg file as I have the "highest" version of Power DVD with all external and internal packs so if I use reg extract with muiz`s lines and my serial it only shows external packs installed and no internal. I have 4 serials for my power DVD and I assume only one goes to registry...the mainone.

Code you mentioned above is almost the same + the name of install directory is exactly the same :) - it works but I can see progress bar when it installs and also it prompts me to confirm if I want to add red file to the registry. This code is also for silent install from folder but not from sfx archive. How should code stands for sfx archive? Here is my code for Power DVD7:

REG ADD %KEY%\035 /VE /D "POWER DVD 7 DELUXE" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\PWRDVD7\pwrdvd.exe" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\PWRDVD7\powerDVD7.reg" /f

So lets summarize my questions:

1) if possible to run silent install from sfx file via RunOnceEx how exatcly it should look like?

2) How do I have arrange really silent install (progress bar not visible) - which switch to use? qb?

3) How silently add PowerDVD7.reg file into registry?

Thanks for explanation...

Maybe you see the progress bar of the sfx - use the 'Hide All' option.

In fact I do not know why sfx is needed... I think the installer can be run with the necessary switches and then the .reg will be imported and there won't be any problems...

2) How do I have arrange really silent install (progress bar not visible) - which switch to use? qb?

Use Setup=setup.exe -s in winrar comment i.e

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=Setup.exe -s
Presetup=REGEDIT /S PowerDVD7.reg
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

@brnn:

I tested it unpacked. The reason for sfx is smaller size on UA CD...

@urie:

Thanks, I`m going to test it right now, I`m just wondering if to remove below line from RunOnceEx:

REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\PWRDVD7\powerDVD7.reg" /f

I think yes as sfx contains it...

EDIT:

I don`t know what I do wrong but it doesn`t work. I put comments to sfx archive but nothing happened. Anyway, I returned to unpacked silent install and I found that even if serials are shown in registry it shows 2 upgrades - standard and deluxe. In activate option it shows both all inner and external packages installed but i think this is just taken from registry but I don`t know if these are really registered. And blue text in right bottom corner also shows Deluxe Version...

Is this ok?

Edited by embe