Anybody here with an MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum?

RyanVM

I recently decided to learn how CBROM works for updating individual pieces of a BIOS. To do that, I decided to modify the most recent BIOS release from MSI for the K8N Neo4 Platinum with Si3114R5 BIOS version 5.3.14 (from v5.2.09 which comes with it originally). Anyway, I don't have a BIOS savior, so I have no good way of recovering my system should I have screwed something up.

While I don't think I did screw anything up, I'm obviously apprehensive about finding out :P. So, are there any brave souls out there with a Neo4 Platinum who want to give this BIOS a shot?

If you do, let me know how it goes :)

<link dead, see below>

Edited by RyanVM

There is nothing that scary about using cbrom to update onboard raid modules. I have been using cbrom ever since the nf7-s days to update the onboard si3112r raid module and never once had a problem or a screwup. You should be perfectly okay if you updated the raid module only.

• 4 weeks later...

I just updated this yesterday to BIOS revision 1.C. It changes:

NVPXE ROM version 212.0491 to version 215.0503

NVRAID BIOS version 4.84 to version 5.50

Si3114R5 RAID BIOS version 5.2.16 to version 5.3.14

I've tested this on my own Neo4 Platinum (posting from it right now :)), and it works perfectly. As always, feedback is welcome!

<link dead, see below>

Edited by RyanVM

Since this has something to do with it. I own a K8n Neo4 Plat. and when i install the motherboard drivers and reboot the system, i get BSODs. the only way to me to get rid of it, is to reinstall windows or revert back to previous stable. safe mode doesn't work either. any tips?

Up to BIOS version 1.D. It changes:

NVPXE ROM version 212.0491 to version 215.0503

NVRAID BIOS version 4.84 to version 5.50

Si3114R5 RAID BIOS version 5.2.16 to version 5.3.14

I've tested this on my own Neo4 Platinum (posting from it right now :)), and it works perfectly. As always, feedback is welcome!

http://www.ryanvm.net/files/Neo4P_1D0.rar (364KB)