[Help] Webshots Photo Downloader

JohnS

I have found this program - Webshots Photo Downloader - and I was trying to test it, but I can't install it.

From the error message presented during installation I found out the possible solution for it.

It is as error related with Microsoft Visual Basic: Possible solution

I am trying all the possible solutions suggested by Microsoft.

But I ask you guys to try and install this little program and see if it works for you.

I would appreciate your help.

Thank you,

JS

Edit: Edited Topic Title and Description

- Gouki

Edited by Gouki

Almost all the VB programs that I've seen seem to be originally created by the author for his own use but then later released to the public. Notice that this one claims to be a "trail version".

I can suggest NOT running the setup program but rather extract the contents of the CAB file to a directory of your choice and run the program directly after deleting everything except for the main EXE and the .LST file. Don't use the DLLs that come bundled with it, e.g. advapi32.dll should already be on your system and may be different from what it's trying to replace with.

you probably have to install the visual basic runtime from microsoft.

I have installed VBRun60.exe so that can't be the problem.

I can suggest NOT running the setup program but rather extract the contents of the CAB file to a directory of your choice and run the program directly after deleting everything except for the main EXE and the .LST file. Don't use the DLLs that come bundled with it, e.g. advapi32.dll should already be on your system and may be different from what it's trying to replace with.

I followed your suggestion, but it did not work.

But I am now a step closer.

I used one of the resolutions suggested by Microsoft to solve the know bug with Visual Basic and edited accordingly the Setup.lst file.

So I managed to install the program.

But when I ran it, it said comct232.ocx was not registered.

So I registered it.

Finally the program starts.

But then it gives an error message stating: Run-time error '53 - File not found.

I googled for that error and it seems that is related with a missing Visual Basic file.

Could you guys try and install the program in a virtual computer and tell me if you encounter the same error, please?

Thank you