xbox 360 freezes

deathwarder

not sure where this should go but here it goes,

I have encountered 360 freezing, only in two games so far though, kameo and hexic, but I havent played other games much, I suspended the psu brick and this made the freezing take longer to occur, it is only 1inch off the ground, the other thing is that I sometimes get the three red lights on the ring of light with the top left one being most common, havent had this one often though. What should I do?

If i'm not mistaken thats a pretty common thing to happen to the 360's. They overheat and i remember hearing about some guy suing M$ over it. Try putting a box fan or an oscilating fan blowing on the xbox. That should help some.

• 1 month later...

Hi there

I'm not sure how the external power block's heat would affect the actual console itself [as the heat from "that" brick has nothing to do with the freezing - so long as its providing the power to the console, then thats what matters] but it shouldnt be on a carpet really... fire hazzard ;) ;)

If the console is freezing, call Microsoft and get them to sort it - its only a console... you shouldnt need to open the case and install hardware to fix something that is covered by the warranty ;)

Regards and let us know what they say

Nath