computer noise

deathwarder

ok, I am trying to make my really loud p4 system run quietly, I built it myself, and have seen systems from companies that run almost silently with the same specs, do you have any suggestions? It is the fans making most of the noise, but I am investigating a software ramdrive to load programs like firefox into at boot, just to make them easier to access

$0 budget, nice... :P

You can try to run your fans on 7volts. If the system doesn’t crash under heavy loads you’ll be safe, don’t pay to much attention to temps, they are just an indication except if you use a laser temperature measurement device like the pros do ;).

If you monitor your temperatures with the onboard censors, it will give you an indication of the temperatures, most of the time there is a tolerance of 10% or even more. Take 10 motherboards with the same cooler, same CPU and past and you already see differences even if it’s the same brand, type and BIOS of the motherboards.

People are too worried about temps all the time, believe me, there is nothing to worry about, if it works under heavy loads then its okay.