N Korean warns Australia could face nuclear strike

sedative

My Rant : The Shortend Form

Australia = good

John Howard = Pansy

America = Unconcerned Superpower until attacked

North Korea = Can get away with anything because of close proximity of other nations

australia will be getting nuclear weapons apparently as there in talks with americans .. do i smell ww3 :)

My Rant : The Shortend Form

Australia = good

John Howard = Pansy

America = Unconcerned Superpower until attacked

North Korea = Can get away with anything because of close proximity of other nations

australia will be getting nuclear weapons apparently as there in talks with americans .. do i smell ww3 :)

dunno bout weapons, but ill tell you what we are getting:

FRIKIN NUCLEAR WASTE FROM AMERICA THATS WHAT

nice one howard government. :rolleyes:

Good for Australia! I'd much rather they had nukes than a wacko, maverick dictator who's running out of money for his army. I think some of those nukes Australia gets will come from here. We just signed a treaty with Russia saying we would get rid of a few of ours if they would :)

• 4 weeks later...
USA, Japan and Australia because he knows that there would be no nuclear retaliation

if Nkorea nuked ANYONE. it would be the last thing they ever did.

Japan had a 1kt bomb dropped on it, look what that did. imagine a bomb with 20 times or more the potential. Nkorea wouldnt get the chance to launch. If they nuke anyone they would have to nuke the USA, UK at the same time, but being as both our countries have bases all over the world and silo's all over the place they wont be able to stop us making sure they dont launch anything else after the first volley.

Nkorea is posturing, and as shaft said, they are threatening Australia because they see them as the soft option.

Nkoreas army is badly paid and moralle is low, i dont think they would all fight to the death, i expect a lot would but many would flee. i also dont think that if we did invade it would be a war like in iraq or afganistan, those places are full of open desert and country side. Nkorea is heavily populated and it would be hard to minimise civilian casualties. there would be much more mass destruction which is why the governments want to avoid conflict unless, in the eyes of their people and the world, there is grave danger or need to do so.

They might WANT to invade, but they cant do it unless it looks like theres no other solution or theres imminent danger to the world. Hence Nkorea is being given every oportunity to screw up.