[UPDATED 14/9/06] 7zip custom icons

bledd

• 4 weeks later...

@justwanna What bleed said was pretty clear ;)

Can I ask, the split icons, do they work where all file extensions are .rar, e.g. in "my documents\rar" there are 10 files, part01.rar, part02.rar, part03.rar etc, do they check to see if part*number* are in the filename and display the appropriate number?

Thnx, like Camarade Tux said, those icons were getting me nervous!

if anyone knows how to rebuild icon cache, i'd add that in, can't find any info on it... i'll add a note saying you need to reboot for it to work

xpero do you know? i know tweakui has the function to do it, and so does regseeker..

as for that rar question, if its a split file, it'll show the S icon for the .001 files only, i never use winrar, but if a file had .rar at the end it'd show up as a rar file, so the split only applies for 7zips .001 files (unless any other program uses .001 too) -hope that makes sense!

if anyone knows how to rebuild icon cache, i'd add that in, can't find any info on it... i'll add a note saying you need to reboot for it to work

Logoff is enough I think. ;)

as for that rar question, if its a split file, it'll show the S icon for the .001 files only, i never use winrar, but if a file had .rar at the end it'd show up as a rar file, so the split only applies for 7zips .001 files (unless any other program uses .001 too) -hope that makes sense!

You can use HKCR\* to add something to the context menu of all files; would .00* work ? :sneaky:

(Just a thought, never tried ;) )

Edited by Camarade_Tux

xpero do you know? i know tweakui has the function to do it, and so does regseeker..

Check your PM

• 3 weeks later...
Guest steffo

hi,

first things first: your icons are truely amazing! great job!

some questions:

+ is the resulting 7zSetup.exe file supposed to replace the original 7 Zip Installer?

+ if so: if i double click the resulting file, it shows only that icon cache rebuilder dialog, which should popup after the installation? when this dialog disappears the icons on my desktop all got rearranged, which is quite annoying.

where can i find the old way for replacing the icons?

yours,

steffo

i really don't know how to do that, wish i did, would have a much smaller filesize at the end then..

i just copy the installer to 7z.exe then the 7zSetup.exe file contains it, does a /S install, patches the icons, registers filetypes then refreshes iconcache

I thought so because your installer looks pretty weird.

Have you tried using the 7zip.nsi file in \DOC, inside 7zip's source ?

That one should be enough since we can already extract the content of the installer with 7zip.

edit: just did it. I still have to check something for one file though. :)

So : new hfslip -> nlite -> virtual machine -> clean 7zip install in VMWare -> report

Edited by Camarade_Tux