HFSLIP MDAC 2.8 Service Pack 1 for W2k?

Bugs Bunny

mdac.cab in hfaao. Wu shows nothing.
I read the configuration file inside the package and it says that the hotfix for MDAC 2.8 SP1 is integrated into it. So it's normal WU doesn't ask you to download it.
manually installing mdac hotfix 28sp1 failed with "Version not detectable. installation damaged or files broken".
When you include the MDAC addon in nLite, are you then getting the same error message when installing the hotfix manually later on? Edited by Tomcat76

FWIW, the mdac_typ adds files to the Program Files folder. To take care of the file copying, you would need a special INF file to copy them over, while at the same time you need modify the layout.inf file, which is a protected file. My advice is to svcpack it and call it a day. :)

Hi

In an earlier post i wrote that i normally don´t use nlite. i´ve asked a friend who do his installations with it. He reports to me that all is ok. i don´t know what nlite do with this file.

There is a problem with the handling of MDAC_TYP.EXE in the current final. I've corrected that in the new test release 60422d.

I'm now going to see if HFSLIP can take care of the 2.8 SP1 hotfix when MDAC_TYP.EXE is included.

:hello:

I´m angry about that sh... Mdac. The ways tomcat showed didn´t work for me, don´t know why not.

Also the newest testrelease failed. The installation works at T13, but it´s incomplett. I think the installer haven´t enough time to copy all the stuff.

the only way to get a successfull installation for me is the OEM folder and GUIRunOnce in WINNT.sif. That works.

OK, guys, thx for your work. I have also a other life, not only my machines. :D:yes:

The command that's used in 60422e makes Windows setup go through without complaining (an installation dialog for MDAC 2.8 even pops up briefly) but Windows Update later asks to install the hotfix for MDAC 2.5 so it's indeed not fully installed.

I'm gonna let MDAC_TYP.EXE go the same route as UPHClean.msi for Win2K. I'm testing it now. Stay tuned...

Here's an unrelated localization issue. For some unknown reason, MDAC packages do not contain locale designation or version number in their filename, unlike most other language-specific updates - that is, they all are named MDAC_TYP.EXE regardless of target language or version.

This is a bit inconvenient, so I typically rename them to something like MDAC_TYP_281EN.exe, just in case.

So, is it possible to check not just for MDAC_TYP.EXE but for .EXE files which begin with MDAC_TYP?

Edited by DmitryKo

Just an FYI...

An "internal build" (:whistle:) of HFSLIP integrates the KB911562 hotfix into MDAC_TYP.EXE. Windows Update doesn't complain but it's still not 100% ready for publication. The problem is that, while Windows installs MDAC 2.8 SP1, a dialog comes up informing the user that "Exception Pack" is going to be installed. You can only click "OK" or "More info". After you click OK, installation proceeds normally. I'm going to see if this can be fixed with a reg hack prior to installation.

If anyone knows more about this... Speak out... :)