Small Linux Distro?

Dels

hi all,

i need some suggestion for linux disto that size under 100mb (perhaps ~50mb would be nice) that can run fast, have some apps (office and multimedia apps sound's good) and supporting GUI (XWindows,KDE,Gnome,Fluxbox or whatever)

please share your experience and don't forget the link

PS: i have found one small distro; D4mn Small Linux (~55mb) but i have not download it

Edited by Dels

You will love Damn Small Linux. Slax is usually a pocket disc distribution. DSL can fit on a business card. Also, I blame the default XMMS settings in DSL for my sudden addiction to sky.fm radio. :unsure:

Slax popcorn edition should fit on a business card. It's only 111mb. The standard slax is the larger distro, I recommended that as the OP said he wanted to use kde and such with more apps. DSL only has fluxbox last I checked but it's simple and has more than usually needed, i just wish it supported nvidia lan.

EDIT: Also try FeatherLinux http://featherlinux.berlios.de/

Edited by jago_lfn

Feather Linux? :huh:

Berlios......

Holy ****! This is bizarre! :blink:

Why isn't Deep-View integrated into this project? Does this guy actually do requests for custom operating systems or something? I'll have to try this. So far my favorite distribution from this place is Deep Water.

yeah i have interest on DSL too (D4mn Small Linux) cause it size and quantity of apps that range from all use (office,multimedia,etc, enough for me)

thx for the suggestion

oh yeah one more thing question about dsl, i never download linux iso (all my linux is from cd; suse,xandros,ubuntu,slackware,athene linux) so i really need to know what .iso version to download for sure (there are much on mirror site and as i seen 2.12b maybe the latest but it also have 2 version)

yeah i have interest on DSL too (D4mn Small Linux) cause it size and quantity of apps that range from all use (office,multimedia,etc, enough for me)

thx for the suggestion

oh yeah one more thing question about dsl, i never download linux iso (all my linux is from cd; suse,xandros,ubuntu,slackware,athene linux) so i really need to know what .iso version to download for sure (there are much on mirror site and as i seen 2.12b maybe the latest but it also have 2 version)

ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions...ent/dsl-2.3.iso