Windows Setup

Finished creating Unattended CD - is there a way to bypass the windows setup screen, after all it isn't really fully unattended when a user has to delete/create the partition and set to NTFS. Is there something in the .SIF file I am missing that will automate this section of installation. Thanks.

I didn't mean the Windows SP2 setup screen. I am talking about the screen immediately after you hit a key to boot from the CD. That blue Windows Setup screen, where you create/delete the partition, etc. I didn't see anything on the page you linked referencing that. Let me know if I am blind. Thanks for quick reply.

You can absolutely have it partition things automatically. As you were already linked to, you can set AutoPartition to 1 in winnt.sif. Combine that with the Repartition setting and FileSystem setting, and you can automate the entire process. You can also use the OemSkipEula setting to skip pressing f8 to accept the license agreement.

Seriously, what of that doesn't accomplish what you're looking to accomplish?

Finished creating Unattended CD - is there a way to bypass the windows setup screen, after all it isn't really fully unattended when a user has to delete/create the partition and set to NTFS. Is there something in the .SIF file I am missing that will automate this section of installation. Thanks.

**EDIT: I just saw RyanVM's post and that would probably work much better than mine. However, the information below could still be potentially useful to you. ****

I believe you are looking for the following:

[unattended] (Unattend.txt)

Answer File = Unattend.txt

The [unattended] section for Unattend.txt contains entries for running Setup. For the Sysprep.inf version, see [unattended] (Sysprep.inf).

Repartition

Specifies whether to delete all partitions on the first drive of the client computer and to reformat the drive with the NTFS file system.

Syntax Repartition = Yes | No

Values Yes

Deletes all partitions on the first drive and reformats the drive with NTFS.

No

Does not delete partitions or reformat the drive.

Example: Repartition = Yes

Edited by JuMz