having problem uninstalling some program

jackie

been using hfslip for sometime now and i like it very much. my system runs much better using hfslip but starting with this version 60208 to date i am having this annoying problem where i can not unistall some program like powerdvd / f-prot all the program that is in the installshield folder. i can run the setup directly from that folder and unistall them but not from add & remov.

just to make sure that is not my doing i started a fresh hfslip folder with nothing removed just slipstream the hotfixes and it still has the same problem .

please help me solve this issue

ERROR_REPORT.TXT

This is gonna be difficult. Did you see the changelog for Feb 8? Very discriptive... :lol:

During that time, I started "doing stuff" in HFSLIP but only small things and all went through TommyP. I didn't keep a personal record of every detail until I took things more into my hands in the 2nd half of February.

Which is the last one that works for sure?

Edited by Tomcat76

well i did try the new test version as well as the new release version the problem is still there.

like i said i did test just with hotfixes and no other program or reg tweaks and still having the same problem.

to be sure that the hotfixes are not at fault i did a test with nlite alone and no problem there .

i have a feeling it is registry/or path problem but it is puzzling because when i try to unistall manually from within the installshield folder by running the setup.exe of the program it will unistall but not from add & remove

thaks for all the help

the program that i am having this problem with ( powerdvd 5.0 / F-prrot ) i might be wrong but i think they both use innosetup , could one of you try any program that uses innosetup to see if you can duplicate this error.

Edited by jackie

add & remove works fine , the problem is just those two program that i listed

@tomcat76

to be honest with you i don't have the older versions anymore but i can tell you for sure the problem started with 60208 version . so if there is a way that i can have one of the older version i am more than willing to try and make sure of it

@jackie

OK... I've tried to locate all versions between January 1st & February 8 that I still have lying around. Most of those are test builds so if a new problem arises just ignore that version. There's 10 of them.

jackie.7z

Thanks... and good luck... :)

Here's an idea... Try HFSLIP_60107.CMD and HFSLIP_60207b.CMD. Something "big" was changed between those two.

Edit...

Wait a second... I found a whole lot more. The two files I mentioned in this post are too far apart so it wouldn't prove much. Here's a package containing two versions that are much closer together; one right before the "big change" and the other one right after.

Edited by Tomcat76

ok i just tried this one HFSLIP_60207b.CMD with no problem at all now if you have anything closer to this one 60208 i am willing to try it.

this is not related to my current problem but i figure mentioning it to you ,

i use vmware to test my iso for any errors for a long time using hfslip i could not install the vmware tools even with the latest release but it installed with this one HFSLIP_60207b.CMD

I did a complete file by file comparison between versions 60207b and 60208. In the newer version, the section which creates the SPX.CAB file was revised. For the rest, the files are completely identical.

Are you using merging options D/E/F? If so, have you tried A, B or C?

Personally, I find it hard to imagine that that's the problem. Are you absolutely certain that the problems started from version 60208 onwards?