R.I.P Alienware

jondercik

i completely agree with jondercik... considering all the bloatware dell installs on their systems, you could take a faster dell (on paper) and the "slower" alienware would still be a better PC.

I'd be nervous buying an Alienware now... aren't they one of the only PC manufacturers left that has a call center in the US? I could easily see Dell moving their CC over to india.

I can see why both companies would make this move, but I think alienware just lost some "street cred" w/ the enthusiast crowd.

gotta agree with ripken, most pc experts will choose to custom build their pc so that they can choose the best components for what they specifically want todo.

Dell probably arent to happy with Intels choice to start supplying Processors for the Mac. Also im sure they have seen recent figures showing that AMD is now the CPU of choice in nearly every aspect of todays computer market and that it will certainly boost their profit.

From what I've been hearing, I don't know why people like Alienware.

I just had a bad enough experience letting me lose thousands of dollors because of that company shipping the PC Dead On Arrival. Took me over 1.5 months to return it through lawyers and credit card companies dispute as they never admitted that they were wrong. Later when I checked their HP about that same notebook that I bought, they changed it to a different model.

I guess they never admitted that they ships defective PC over the phone but internally they admitted that they had to do something.

With Dell, I lke dell better than Alienware. But having those call centers over seas where the CC people just can't speak English is bad enough to not buy Dell when yo uhave problems like defective PCs.

Personally, overall Dell>Alienware.

But design wise Alienware>Dell.

I wonder what'll happen with Alienware. Would it get worse or better.

Should've made one by my self.