stretched icons & ''+'' icon disappeared

snakessj

Hi! I've tried XPize...great product, but I've some problems (too much beautiful otherwise) ^_^

FIRST PROBLEM:

the icons of the dialogue boxes are stretched

post-91228-1142781836_thumb.jpg

SECOND PROBLEM:

when I COPY a file it doesn't appear the ''+'' near the cursor

post-91228-1142781773_thumb.png

post-91228-1142781819_thumb.png

HELP ME PLEASE :P

I can live without the + next to the cursor but indeed the red X when deleting files and the recycle bin when placing files to the recycle bin are squeezed horizontally and therefore not smooth anymore. It is on my Dutch installation but not on another English XP system. Maybe it depends of system fonts or changed values in the advanced appearence tab. Now you mention it it was always ike that, also with older versions of XPize.

Edited by flupke

Cursor problem solved (one less) :thumbup

Charge this Normal_Select.rar cursor at the place of the "Normal Select.cur" in Fedora package: all Fedora's cursors are in XP colors with alpha shadow and not visualize the PLUS! :D I've converted this in True Color and the PLUS reappeared! B)

Edited by snakessj

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this is an old post, but i just stumbled upon it.

Regarding the + indicator:

IIRC, this is because XP does not properly support .cur files with alpha channels greater than 1 bit. They look great, but the + indicator doesn't work properly. Usually the shortcut indicator (ie CTRL-Shift Drag) does not work either, seems to depend on the system. I hadn't noticed the recycle bin red X not working, but it makes sense that it would fail as well.

I thought MS would fix this in SP1. Then I thought they'd get it in SP2. Then .........