DX9 Update incomplete?

Bugs Bunny

After installing w2k with hfsliped DX9 (and all other updates) dxdiag tells me that msdmo.dll is an old version file (4.90.2490000) and that I should reinstall DX9.

I even did a test install with this setup CD on my test PC to see if the problem is caused by an incomplete hfslip of DX9. After finishing setup and running dxdiag the problem was the same.

Is this problem gone with newer versions of hfslip?

I do not want to reinstall the Pentium M Desktop system I set up with this w2k CD only because of this file having the wrong version.

Is the only way to get rid of the problem to reinstall DX9 on this system or is there another way to replace this file with a newer version? eg. unregister old file, replace old file with new one and register new file?

This file can also be found in the RegisteredPackages folder.

If the older version came from the HF folder (eg, wmfdist.exe) then it was fixed in 60310. Every build from then on keeps the correct version of msdmo.dll unless it's packaged in a silent installer.

(It took me a while to find out because I apparantly forgot to mention it in the changelog)

or is there another way to replace this file with a newer version? eg. unregister old file, replace old file with new one and register new file?
You can try that. It should work. But check in dllcache first.

You know what the problem is? The msdmo.dll that's contained in the wmfdist.exe package is older than the one contained in dxnt.cab, yet it has a newer file date.

Fixed in Mar 9 ver. Download latest stable at the top(was Mar 10th yesterday - today it's Mar 17th).

HFSLIP Versioning: YMMDD

Edit: What he said. :yes:

Edited by Kramy

Thanks for the info!

BTW replacing the old file with the new one on my existing installation already did the job. (Regserver gave an error when trying to unregister so I think it worked fine without.) Dxdiag isn't complaining any more now.