Strange Hard Disk Problem

:hello:

I m having a strange situation here hope u have solution.

My friend have a Seagate 80 GB hard disk with 7200 rpm. He is having 4 partitions, C:\ is on NTFS and rest on FAT32. I needed some data from his disk so i boroughed it from him for one day.

While copying things it took some time to transfer but strange was it to see that when i copied approx 1.2 gigs of data from drive D:\ it just took me 10 seconds :o .And u will be amazed to know that if i do this from other drives it will take about 2 minutes :huh:

Any ideas???

I also want to speed my drives like that and plz reply if u know the solution coz i have to return his hard disk tomorrow :angry:

120MB/s Is fast, I will be happy if mine can get to 60 average, 120 burst yes but not for 10 seconds or both drives must be WD raptors (they wish the could get 120MB/s :P).

To copy 160GB from a normal drive to another drive takes me 45 minutes, so that’s like 59.23MB/s, no matter if it’s PATA or SATA ;).

Are you sure that's a 7200RPM? It seems more like a 10,000 or 15,000 to me... either that or it has a huge cache. Also, what kind of drive were you copying to?

On my WD1200JB (7200RPM, 8M cache) the highest I've seen is 93MB/s for burst speed and 38MB/s sustained.