[RELEASE] Nero 7 Lite / Micro v7.7.5.1

Acheron

I already replaced Nero 7 Micro English with new build. Other Micro builds are still 1.5.0.1, since the problem did not occur with localised versions.

The "updateprompt" problem is present in Nero v7.5.7.0 Micro Eastern Europe downloaded just now. The regfix solves the problem.

Hi all,

The code is just great, big thanks goes to the author and darks0ul (very clearly explained basics)!!!

Still have 2 questions to profs, hp38guser probably is too busy working for all us. Maybe someone can help?

1. Which line and how to modify to make associations with standrard image files to be CHECkED in installer. Seems like inno setup limitation, cause from 5 options none makes this to work.

2. More difficult: in options, expert features - how to untweak "enable all supported recorder formats for image recorder"? Full Nero does not have this tweak...

That's about all. Made installer of my dreams for nero, nero express and cover desingner - only 25 mb. Works like a charm!!!

If someone needs it let me know, I will ask permission from hp38guser to upload it to rapidshare or else.

Many thanks to hp38guser!!! It isn't easy to use code, I can imagine now much better what it means to create it!

All the best,

Alex

Hi Alex,

1. Which line and how to modify to make associations with standrard image files to be CHECkED in installer. Seems like inno setup limitation, cause from 5 options none makes this to work.

That's a registry key :) If you can't do it, I can take a look when I have the time.

2. More difficult: in options, expert features - how to untweak "enable all supported recorder formats for image recorder"? Full Nero does not have this tweak...

Where did you find that tweak?

Hi darks0ul,

Thank You for reply and for everything!!! You are just great!!!

I found this regkey for cd images, but in options there are only :

a) unchecked (original) B) checked once c) exclusive and other options, but they are not doing simple 'checked' which is unavailable.

"enable all supported recorder formats for image recorder" in options ->expert features is not checked by full installer of Nero. You can try and will see. This tweak is made by author of code and I have no idea how to untweak. Install lite version and You will find it checked.

Would be nice if You could help again.

One more limitation I noticed in Inno setup is creating shortcuts in start menu. If instead of Nero group I want to place just shortcut in startmenu it will appear next to Windows update, (upper than shortcuts to other progs). This behaviour is strange, but explains why creators almost always place program group in start menu. Try and You will see. If You will try to create shortcut in accessories folder, the new accessories folder will be created and again upper than all other group folders.

Pls let know if there is a way to place simple shortcut in startmenu.

Many thanks,

Alex

Edited by Alex

Hi Alex,

That's a registry key :) If you can't do it, I can take a look when I have the time.

Where did you find that tweak?

1. You can use unattended switch /TASKS="imagefile_assoc". If you really want to modify the Setup code you have to remove the "Unchecked" flag under Tasks for "imagefile_assoc". How hard can it be :)

2. This is a registry tweak, see section Nero Tweaks under Registry in the Setup Code. Change the ValueData for bShowAllCompilationTypes from 1 to 0. Why would you disable this anyway?

As you see its pretty straight forward.

Alex, if you want to share your pack online, please do the following:

1. Remove all references to my website, and my name of the setup package.

2. Tell people it's an modified version of Nero 7 Lite.

3. Don't use this topic for any more support questions.

Thank you

Edited by hp38guser

Hi hp38guser,

Thank You very much for finding time to reply. It is really funny that the answer with flags is so simple. Simple when You know it...

Thank You for this tweak, I just do not need it, that's all. The code can let us make installers to fit our best needs. Thank You for making it possible...

The code rules when You know how to create it!!!

Idea about shortcut - if I would remane Nero group to Accessories and leave Nero express shortcut, maybe it will not create new Accessories folder upper than in start menu?

Alex

No troubles from me. I won't post anything. Everyone can make installer for himself if even I managed. Thank You once again, I am just happy!!!

Edited by Alex

Hi hp38guser,

Thank You very much for finding time to reply. It is really funny that the answer with flags is so simple. Simple when You know it...

Thank You for this tweak, I just do not need it, that's all. The code can let us make installers to fit our best needs. Thank You for making it possible...

The code rules when You know how to create it!!!

Idea about shortcut - if I would remane Nero group to Accessories and leave Nero express shortcut, maybe it will not create new Accessories folder upper than in start menu?

Alex

No troubles from me. I won't post anything. Everyone can make installer for himself if even I managed. Thank You once again, I am just happy!!!

If you knew a bit more about Windows precedor MS-DOS you could have thought about the Groupname:

This means the current folder. So if you want all shortcuts directly under Programs in menu Start use that instead.

If you want to create a Shortcut group on the top of Menu Start you can use as Groupname:

..\Nero

. You can even create a Startup Group at the Desktop if you wish by using the Groupname:

..\..\Desktop\Nero

:)

Edited by hp38guser

Nero 7.5.7.0 Lite installs and works fine, only it dumps the following to c:\temp\debug.txt?

Retrieve the wished language list for this application from NeroNLS and try all the languages
Trying ENG
bOK=true
Setting this language succeeded
bOK=true
04D1B950
04D1C290
050DB888
050C1DC0
050DB888
0506BC08
050C9928
Check if the selected language is allowed

Once more, thank You, again very simple and maybe that"s why hard to figure out (when You need just to empty field)

Even managed to add reg tweak for short lead out. And NOW it seems very easy!!!

Completely happy!!! And You made me feel this way! Installer of my dreams is already compiled and tested.

Hurray!!!

All the best,

Alex

This is all the Reg file says

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Installation\Families\Nero 7\Info]

"MissingFilesState"="0"

Exact name of the file: nero7_fixupdateprompt.reg

this Reg Tweak works great. I can verify that!

ScOOt3r!

Thanks, I followed the path and everything works fine. :)

Beste hp38guser,

Wij buigen diep voor u...!!!

Wow, what a great package that Micro is, I will be using it voor my own unattended DVD! I only miss the toolkit, but hey, it's better without the toolkit than with all those "&*#$%^" components.

No problems with reboot or update (.reg file), working great. Keep up the good work!