HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

See if you can open UPHClean-Setup.msi using the attached tool.

We used to have to put this in HFTOOLS to extract MSI files. I think Tomcat/tommyp has somehow found a way around this (at least for msxml6.msi, I think). It's possible that you still have to put it in HFTOOLS - I hope Tomcat will come and resolve this issue.

It did not work, it produces no interesting file.

@Camarade_Tux

There's no need to REM out that line if you're using that old version of HFSLIP because that line doesn't work anyway. You'll have to REM out the line in a newer version, though, as it works *now*.

Alternatively, delete CLASSIC.WM_ from the SOURCE folder. HFSLIP only adds that line if the file exists. In fact, since you're removing WMP with nLite I suggest you remove CLASSIC.WM_ as it's being copied into the Windows folder through TXTSETUP.SIF. I don't think nLite prevents that from happening.

Edited by Tomcat76

Tomcat - see if you can help with Camarade_Tux's problem.
What problem? You said there's a newer version...
I know I'm not Tomcat, but I kno why (well, almost know). A new IE update was released last week. Tomcat should have 912812 (which I'm sure he has)
Now that I got you here... :)

If you only take OS updates into account, the FrontPage Server Extensions update only applies to Windows 2003. For Windows 2000 and Windows XP it only applies to components that don't come stock with these OS's (it's an Office XP update there).

Edited by Tomcat76

(1) Do you still need MSICabExtract.exe in HFTOOLS for any MSI files?

(2) Is there actually a new version of UPHClean and will redownloading it solve Camarade_Tux's issue with it not installing?

1) I don't know. I don't use any updates that require it. It used to be needed for msxml.msi and msxml6.msi but HFSLIP now extracts them through an admin install. Maybe TommyP knows more.

2) I don't know. You said there's a newer version, no? :)

@Camarade_Tux: Can you open SVCPACK.INF in the SOURCESS folder and check the line that installs UPHCLEAN.MSI?

Edit....

Aha!

I see you got this line in HFSLIP.CMD: OEUPDATE Q823353

That indicates you're using Windows 2000. UPHClean cannot be installed at T-13 on Windows 2000, hence the reason it's not on my 2K update list.

Edited by Tomcat76

Ummm...Camarade_Tux's log file (HFSLIP.LOG) indicates that he is installing XP SP1.

I did say there is a newer version of UPHClean, but that's according to the file release date on the download page...Microsoft's website is not always accurate in regard with that. When I take a look at the filesizes of the older file I have and the one I downloaded today, they are the same.

Edited by Super-Magician

nLite probably removed classic.wm_ since no classic.*** is present in SOURCESS (except classic.th_)

My new UPHClean and my old one have the same md5 so the new one is not newer than the old one.

With the tool on this page, http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t62418.html

I extracted the files contained inside the msi file.

There's an au3 file in the package and I found this :

case $arctype == "msi"
runwait('msiexec.exe /a "' & $file & '" /qb /log c:\uniextract.txt TARGETDIR="' & $outdir & '"', $filedir)

It seems you posted 1 nanosecond after me. :D

Also, I md5'ed the newly downloaded UPHClean.msi (updated on April) and it has the same md5 as my old one.

And I'm running XP SP1a.

and on this page, http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...n/MS04-018.mspx

it is stated

Affected Software:

Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1

Three quick suggestions for HFSLIP (nothing to do with the above).

1. Change

IF EXIST HFSPACK\* CALL :HFSPACK1

to

IF EXIST HFSPACK\*.exe CALL :HFSPACK1

so HFSLIP does not run through that portion of the script if there is nothing in HFSPACK.

2. The "I have read..." section is missing the lines

IF EXIST HFTOOLS\MKISOFS.EXE CALL :MAKEISO & pause & exit
IF EXIST HFTOOLS\CDIMAGE.EXE IF NOT EXIST HFTOOLS\MKISOFS.EXE SET CDIMG=1&CALL :MAKEISO & pause & exit

when you type in MAKEISO at the prompt. Without these lines, typing in MAKEISO will create the ISO with MKISOFS automatically.

3. The very top portion of the script under REM FOR HFTOOLS FOLDER is not current.

Edited by Super-Magician

@Camarade_Tux...

MS06-016 (KB911567) replaces MS04-018 (KB823353) as stated in the FAQ section on the MS06-16 page.

@Super-Magician...

1) We'll do.

2) I know that. I'll ask TommyP.

3) There's no place! :w00t:

Edited by Tomcat76

@Camarade_Tux: Can you open SVCPACK.INF in the SOURCESS folder and check the line that installs UPHCLEAN.MSI?

(I hate IE, just lost my post)

[SetupHotfixesToRun]
HFSLIP.CMD
UPHClean.MSI /q

After removing a 2.06GB wmi.log file (yes, GB!), I was able to uninstall and then reinstall UPHClean with the /q switch which worked and eventvwr is happy.

(and then people wonder why they should have small system partitions, imagine a 320GB wmi.log file. :lol: )

BTW, would you advise me to remove those lines as I use nLite to patch my sfc_os.dll and then removes cat files by hand ?

[ProductCatalogsToInstall]
d3dx9_24_x86.CAT
d3dx9_25_x86.CAT
d3dx9_26_x86.CAT
d3dx9_27_x86.CAT

Tomcat, I'll check my update files, some are very old. Thanks.

Thanks, Tomcat!

When I referred to the section below REM FOR HFTOOLS FOLDER, I was talking about

REM FOR HFTOOLS FOLDER
REM IF YOU WANT TO MAKE AN ISO - CDIMAGE.EXE
REM IF YOU WANT TO MAKE AN ISO - BOOT.IMG
REM IF YOU HAVE MSI HOTFIXES - MSICABEXTRACT.EXE
REM IF YOU HAVE HFEXPERT - MODIFYPE.EXE

Just a technical issue - since you never see it :).

By the way, I like your Multi Compiler tool, even though it's no longer updated.

Edited by Super-Magician