WUA problems in W2k3

underxp

Hello, I'm using HFSLIP for create a W2k3 server standard CD, but WUA 2.0 isn't slipstreamed. The error message showed in HFSLIP command window is:

You cannot slipstream Window Update Agent 2.0;

You have to run it manually after installation.

I use HFSLIP with w2k and XP and WUA is slipstreamed OK. What's wrong here ?

Thanks in advance.

I'm using Spanish version.

Edited by underxp

while all localized updates are fine for geman windows 2000, WUA fails here to be slipstreamed: professional and advanced server - both complain about wua*.* not on slipstreamed disk...

Tomcat76, this is the content from prodspec.ini:

;
;Nota para el usuario: NO ALTERE O ELIMINE ESTE ARCHIVO.
;
[SMS Inventory Identification]
Version=1.0

[Product Specification]
Product=Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition

Version=5.0
Localization=Español

ServicePackNumber=0
BitVersion=40

[Version]
DriverVer=10/01/2002,5.2.3790.0

Edited by underxp

Tomcat76, I forced Localization to "Español" (without quotes of course) in HSLIP.CMD, WUA is slipstreamed now. I install W2k3 to Vmware, setup is all OK (setuperr.log=0 bytes), but when I open Windows Update (in IE), the page wants to download the WU control. I open the file C:\Windows\Windowsupdate.log and see that next files are version 5.7.3790.1830, and WU require version 5.8.0.2469 :

wuapi.dll,wuauclt.exe,wuauclt1.exe,wuaucpl.cpl,wuaueng1.dll,wucltui.dll

The next files don't need updates (they are version 5.8.0.2469):

wuaueng.dll, wups.dll, wups2.dll

I have "WindowsUpdateAgent20-x86.exe" in [HF] folder, and "LegitCheckControl.cab", "MUWEB_SITE.CAB", "opuc3.cab", "iuctl.cab" in [HFCABS] folder.

Edited by underxp

I don't have notepad, i substitute it with notepad2. Any other program for check this ?

Other minor problem: After permit WU to download new ActiveX, the next updates are offers to install:

- Critical:

KB890046 (I have it in [HF] folder, file "WindowsServer2003-KB890046-x86-esn.exe" , don't slipstreamed ?)

- Optional:

KB912945 (New IE ActiveX ?, I don't have it in [HF] folder)

KB904942 (problem with IE7, I don't have it in [HF] folder)

I'm using updates recomended from:

http://users.telenet.be/tc76/winup/_win2k3.html

Thanks for your reply Tomcat76.

Edited by underxp

I don't have notepad, i substitute it with notepad2. Any other program for check this ?
Well... I need to know if it's in ASCII or Unicode. If you don't know how to find that out, you can always attach the file here.

Tomcat76, in notepad encoding box I don't have ASCII option. I have ANSI, Unicode, Unicode big endian and UTF-8 (the selected option is ANSI). Notepad2 detect ANSI too in menu "File", "Encoding".

Try this test version: HFSLIP_60307-beta1.7z. I made some changes in the Windows Update Agent part (Spanish and Portuguese) and updated the handling of KB890046.

I'll check into the others...

Edited by Tomcat76

OK, i'll test at night because i'm going right now to the university, thanks for your Ultra Fast response....

One question: after test this version, can i write test results in this thread or open a new thread ?

Edited by underxp

HFSLIP_60307-test2.7z

KB912945 should be properly covered now as well. It's the "w03a2409.dll problem" that's also there in KB890046; the file is named differently for other languages.

KB904942 is not an update for IE7 but for Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express. A feature of Outlook (Express) will be screwed up when you install IE7 and this update is supposed to fix that.