WGA not installed?

Just tested my UA disk and noticed that after the fresh install Microsoft Update nagged me about needing to update WGA, although I thought I had, what am I missing?

I have placed LegitCheckControl.dll (1.5.512.0) and GWFSPidGen.dll (1.5.0.42) in $OEM$\$$\System32 and during cleanup I call:

regsvr32 /s %SystemRoot%\system32\LegitCheckControl.dll

-This is NOT a question about "hacking" wga.

Please help me out, im clueless as of what I'm missing not to get the update needed thingy.

There was a new Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool released during the past week. As of the last time I checked, it is NOT available for stand alone download.

I did manage to get the files and succesfully installed it unattended though.

I went to Windows Update and let the tool download, but clicked "cancel" before it could install.

I didn't record exactly where the files were, but I "think" they were in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SoftwareDistribution". The folder had a long alphameric name and inside of it there was a folder named "update" along with other files including "LegitCheckControl.dll", so a search for that file should make finding the folder easy. Inside the update folder is a the file "update.exe", this is the actual install file.

edit: I then repackaged it as a winrar sfx using update/update.exe /passive /quiet to make a silent installer.

Edited by sho_gun

As of the last time I checked, it is NOT available for stand alone download.

here is a direct download link: download

and like ryan said u also need the regentry....

and u can delete GWFSPidGen.dll...no need for it anymore :P