Jump to content

sho_gun

Member
  • Posts

    37
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Donations

    $0.00 
  • Country

    United States

About sho_gun

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://

Profile Information

  • OS
    none specified

Recent Profile Visitors

574 profile views

sho_gun's Achievements

0

Reputation

  1. With all due respect, why did you reply to this post if you don't know? My post count may be low, but look at my join date, I've been at this a long time - I really don't need newbie advice.
  2. Can OOBE be removed when you restore your WPA.DBL via $OEM$\$$\system32, or does OOBE need to stay in this situation? TIA
  3. I did what I posted - I never said I couldn't see wireless networks.
  4. <Insert Egg on Face emoticon here> This is not any fault of nLite ... I was using a different set of $OEM$ files for SP3 than I was for SP2. In the process of reviewing new services in SP3 and adjusting previous tweaks I had made to services, I added a registry command to disable the Network Location Awareness (NLA) service to the SP3 files. The SP2 files did not contain that tweak, leaving the NLA service set on manual. With the NLA service set to manual, all works fine as it always has. Sorry to imply that is was a faul of nLite
  5. Regarding an HP NC6220 Notebook. I have used nLite and Ryan's update pack every since I received this notebook a couple years ago and all has always been fine. Problem: When coming out of hibernation mode, the wireless connection shows "Acquiring Network Address" forever. When booting (as opposed to just coming out of hibernation), it connects fine. Additionally, if I install SP3 on the machine - it works fine, this problem is only when I make a slipstreamed install. I have remade the install disc 3 times with same results each time. The last time was with NO addons or update packs at all. Any ideas? Thanks Edit: I just ran a slipstreamed install WITHOUT using nLite and all is fine. This problem happens only after using nLite 1.4.5 and only with SP3.
  6. I think removing Help and Support is the cause, but I am not sure. I do however know the fix. On the components removal page, click the "advanced" button and add "msconfig.exe" in the "keep" box and msconfig will work once again. If you have a saved settings ini file, you could also just add: ;# Compatibility # [KeepFiles] msconfig.exe
  7. Thanks yet again Nuhi! All seems to work fine here - my two previous problems are gone. I can remove mouse cursors again and I'm back to not having to add standard modem over bluetooth link drivers now. I do get this in setuperr.log: Error: Setup failed to enumerate all component packages. Software which depends on this package may not function properly. Contact your system administrator. *** That's the full log, rather vauge.....anyone have any idea what its referencing? Last_Setup.ini
  8. Kewl - if I want to know bad enough, that link will take care of it - thanks.
  9. Thanks - I had already seen that I could see the filename by right clicking on the flag, then "save as" ... problem is they filename is only two digits and I don't recognize some of them.
  10. I think it would be nice if, upon mouse over of a flag included in a poster's information, that the country represented would show up in the tool tip. This from someone who doesn't even list their country
  11. It's called setting your CD-ROM before the harddrive in the Boot priority in your BIOS. If he is booting from hard drive first, how is the "any key" message being displayed as its a function of bootfix.bin on the cd?
  12. Right click your taskbar ---> properties --->start menu tab --->customize button --->advanced tab --->its the first thing listed under start menu items.
  13. Yurek3 has pointed you to the "Updated" versions I predicted to be released soon. The files are also available at RyanVM's BitTorrent Tracker. RyanVM Tracker
  14. I have this problem occasionally when applying hotfixes ... they extract to my E Drive, then become undeletable. To expand on what J.C. said ..... Go to "Folder Options" ---> "View" and uncheck "Use Simple File Sharing". Right click on the folder in question --> click "Security" tab and check the permissions. If that doesn't do it, click the "Advanced" button ---> "Owner" tab. I don't have a current undeletable folder to walk it through from there, but basically you need to take ownership of the folder via the "Owner" screen.
  15. If its the same one I am using, it had current updates until KB922770 was released today. Will probably be an updated version released soon.


×
×
  • Create New...