Are DirectX and Windows Installer slipstreamable ?

Camarade_Tux

I'm pretty new to HFSLIP but I know it's a powerful tool.

I'm currently playing with WIHU and nLite.

I want to install the .net framework 2 (RyanVm's switchless) but it also needs Windows Installer 3.

Is it possible to slipstream it just as any hotfix or will it be post-installed ?

I have the same question for DirectX.

Thanks guys. :)

PS: I'll make a new iso on next week : nLite RC7 out on Monday. :)

btw I'm installing .net with WIHU so it shouldn't be a problem.
If it works in WIHU, it means that program is installing .NET 2.0 post-setup. HFSLIP doesn't do that; any additional programs are installed through SVCPACK, before the final reboot.

I didn't want to start a new thread for what is probably an obvious mistake by me slipstreaming DirectX 9c (Feb) on Windows 2000.

Everything has gone great. Everything I put in is there but when I checked dxdiag to ensure DirectX had installed I found the following error:

DirectX Files Tab: The file msdmo.dll is an old version, which could cause problems. You should reinstall DirectX to get the latest version.

Please find the my HFSLIP error report & DxDiag report at bottom of this post.

Thanx Guys & keep up the good work!

DxDiag.txt

ERROR_REPORT.TXT

Edited by bionicman

I bet msdmo.dll is part of the WMEncoder.exe package you got in your HFSVPK_SW folder. If that's the case, it replaces the "good" version of msdmo.dll at the end of Win2K setup. This is beyond HFSLIP's control...

Where did you get the installer from?

Edited by Tomcat76

It's not the encoder because I added that as an after thought & I wanted to replicate the error report that I had stupidly deleted before creating my first ISO which also had the DX9 error.

DLL's in Encoder are:

W95INF16.DLL

ADVPACK.DLL

W95INF32.DLL

By Installer do you want to know where I got the DX9 from or the Encoder?

Anyway will give both links:

DX9c (Feb)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...c9-8db1bc10b16e

It's the same as in your list of Hofixes & Updates.

WMEncoder9

http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details...&displaylang=en

I'm thinking perhaps I should experiment & use an earlier versionof DX9 & drop the games bineries.

I've found an all-in-one installer that does both .Net 1.1 sp1 and .Net 2.0 in one go. The .inf inside says it was created by "HyPo" and the filename is "nLite_dotnet.cab". I *think* it came from RyanVM's forums and was posted on RapidShare. Anyway, I've used it in nLite the normal way (a Hotfix) and it's flawless.

Well, what do you know... Our very own wmfdist.exe is spoiling the party...

You know what the problem is? The msdmo.dll that's contained in the wmfdist.exe package is older than the one contained in dxnt.cab, yet it has a newer file date.

In any case, download the March 9 version from the other thread (HFSLIP_60309c.CMD). I inserted an extra line the other day which happens to work around this problem.

Edited by Tomcat76