SNES

Mortal Kombat:CHECK

screenshot0148by.th.gif

JNES

Mario Brothers Zelda style:CHECK

100 men:DOUBLE CHECK

screenshot0133hu.th.gif

All work great on 98

Compatibility thread? Unnecessary I think. Maybe a general troubleshooting thread for games running under Win9x would be a better idea.

So far I haven't found any game that Win98SE couldn't run. Not yet, that is. My cousin's WinXP machine has problems running games that have "For Windows XP" stickers on the box. NT rocks, right? :thumbup

I hated XP, GTA would'nt start and gave "must close now" messages but !

if I opened my display properties and leave the panel open, it would play, for a little while till the colors start changing and everything looks camouflage and stuff.

Compatibility thread? Unnecessary I think. Maybe a general troubleshooting thread for games running under Win9x would be a better idea.

So far I haven't found any game that Win98SE couldn't run. Not yet, that is. My cousin's WinXP machine has problems running games that have "For Windows XP" stickers on the box. NT rocks, right? :thumbup

I bet NHL 2006, NBA Live 2006, Madden 2006, Battlefield 2, and NFS: Most Wanted won't run on junker Windows 98/ME. :D:D There is a reason those games were made for Windows 2000/XP only. It is because Windows 2000/XP are so superior to junker Windows 98/ME!!

Windows 98/ME have next to nothing in common with Windows 2000/XP. Windows XP has much more in common with Windows NT 3.1 than it ever did with Windows 98SE/ME. Heck, Windows 98SE/ME has more in common with Windows 1.0 than they do with Windows 2000/XP.

New games like the ones I mentioned above are most likely written for the native Windows NT based OS and thus won't run at all on Windows 98/ME.

New games like the ones I mentioned above are most likely written

If you want to bash an OS, then at least post facts rather than random guesses you "most likely" pulled out of your a**.

Fact: I've never run across a game that works on XP but won't work on smoothly 98 SE. The reverse is not true. Tyrian 2000 and Ultima VII are good examples.

I bet NHL 2006, NBA Live 2006, Madden 2006, Battlefield 2, and NFS: Most Wanted won't run on junker Windows 98/ME. :D:D There is a reason those games were made for Windows 2000/XP only. It is because Windows 2000/XP are so superior to junker Windows 98/ME!!

Windows 98/ME have next to nothing in common with Windows 2000/XP. Windows XP has much more in common with Windows NT 3.1 than it ever did with Windows 98SE/ME. Heck, Windows 98SE/ME has more in common with Windows 1.0 than they do with Windows 2000/XP.

New games like the ones I mentioned above are most likely written for the native Windows NT based OS and thus won't run at all on Windows 98/ME.

@Link21

If you continue to hijack Windows 9x threads just to give your opinion of the OS, you will have your posting ability suspended. If you wish to express your opinions: do so in YOUR OWN THREAD on the subject, and keep away from all the others.

Understood?

I don't know about everyone else, but I have had far more problems forcing games to work on windows 2000 than on any other OS, XP included. Please keep in mind however that this was on Win2k with NO Service Pack. (I had 28.8k connection, I didn't feel like downloading it lol.) Windows 98 works like a charm for just about any game. The only game that I really know of that was designed only for 2000/XP was GTA: San Andreas. When the game did run on 98SE, it ran absolutely perfect. On XP it was laggy as hell, and on 2000, it ran pretty similar as on 98SE. Frankly, I don't really care about game compatibility that much with win98se, because I really don't play that many games except for GTA (all of them) and Halo, all of which seem to run fine on the "junker 98" OS. Ahh, one man's trash is another man's treasure... remember that one, link.