problem after winamp installation

Thauzar

Hi, I installed a new hard drive and everything seems to work fine. But I hadn't opened winamp yet. After a couple of tests and reboots, everything's fine with the drive, all files copied and moved. good!

I then open winamp which tells me there is a new version out, which I download and install. But when winamp opens, BSOD!!! the cause is LVUMSFD.sys which I can't find lot of infos about on the web.

Anyone else experienced this? it's supposed to have something to do with massstorage so maybe it's related to my new HD, but again, why everything (all that i got to test at least) works perfect except winamp causing BSOD? The exact moment is: winamp loads, open main windows, then playlist but it jams right about when media library should be visible. Uninstalled and reinstalled clean, jams about Winaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (in winamp! it whips the lamers a**)

Thanks for any help

Edited by Thauzar

k so we all ended up on the same page lol.

I got a logitech webcam but the problem really occurs with winamp, and only since i added a new drive, then when all was done, upgraded winamp 5.2

I'm gonna try reinstalling the drivers for the webcam, and if it still occures, gonna try to get my hand on winamp 5.1(3?). I'll give news latter ;)

I resintalled my logitech webcam drivers... still happened when winamp was launched.

uninstalled winamp 5.2 and reinstalled winamp 5.13 IT WORKS!

So it's really winamp 5.2 causing a driver probrem with something related to LVUMSFD.sys

• 2 weeks later...

Hey how about this then. New Winamp 5.2 Blue Screens in my WMware install but on my real machine it's fine!

I did take the gen_ml.dll from a previous install so I could get the old SHOUTcast browser back so that might be it but it works on my real machine. I'll try reinstalling winamp.