Dagonet'..Humbly Eats His Words...

Dagonet'

Well.........I have said many times here that I would never own an AMD PC, haven't owned one for about 5 years...I actually gave the last one I owned away free.. It was a 1.8 GB Processor..About 6 months old...

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll...I am here to eat my words and tell of my new PC.. I returned the Intel Pentium-D 2.8 GB Dual Processor....It had a bad hard drive in it....Brand new..Got it a few weeks back..The salesman, a friend of mine says give the AMD 64x2 a shot..I pretty much roll over laffin... LOL!! ;)

Then I said...What the hell..I've heard alot of good stuff, maybe AMD has come along way,,,,

AMD....??????? Has come along way..This is without a doubt the fastest/smoothest.quietest machine I own or have ever owned....Absolutely blown away with it's PRO FORMANCE!!...

Introducing....THE WORDS BEING EATEN.. :cry:

P2230003.jpg

AMD.jpg

welcome to the good side my friend :)

but i would have laughed at him too, X2, haha, who wants X2? opteron is where is at.

it doesnt matter, its still amazing, do u plan on overclocking it at all, or are you not able to b/c its an hp?

welcome to the good side my friend :)

but i would have laughed at him too, X2, haha, who wants X2? opteron is where is at.

it doesnt matter, its still amazing, do u plan on overclocking it at all, or are you not able to b/c its an hp?

Nah......I don't overclock any of my machines...I'm not a gamer, the slowest machine I own is an Intel Pentium 3.0 Hyper Thread...All my machines run 2 gigs of ram...256 Meg vid chips..Thats enough for me.. ;)

Bad memories of the K6 processors? The K6 processors, which were before the Athlon, didn't do very well. :(

AMD has came a long way! Even the Athlon XPs rocked! ;)

I still have an Athlon XP, because I'm not ready to build an Athlon 64 system yet. :(

Definitely won't be until at least spring! Even then, I dunno. :(

Thus required to make do with an Athlon XP.

I just went through the same thing Dragonet. I love my X2, but I still have problems with some games and the dual core. Counter-Strike (1.6) still gives me problems, I have to use taskmanager to set the "Affinity" of the games process to use only one CPU. Just an FYI.

I just went through the same thing Dragonet. I love my X2, but I still have problems with some games and the dual core. Counter-Strike (1.6) still gives me problems, I have to use taskmanager to set the "Affinity" of the games process to use only one CPU. Just an FYI.

well have you installed the dual core patch? the patch is really just supports k8 processors, windows only came with drivers for up to k7 so windows techinically doesnt support any k8 proceesors.

Hey Dagonet welcome to the Happy AMD Club .

Can you link up your wallpaper for me? i liked it :)

Hey alsiladka...That's a Digital Blasphemy premium wall. You have to pay for those, sorry dude, can't help this time..