[Question] Reformatting w/out Disk

matrix0978

My friends computer is completely un-funtional. Has so much mal-ware i was unable to save it. I was able to save it the first time around then he didnt maintain it again and now i cant control it. So i came up with the decision of reformatting. Although i dont have the reformat CD for the harddrive. Is there anyway i can reformat his PC w/out having the HDD CD? If so please suggest.

Thanks,

Matrix ;)

Please NOW in Microsoft Windows XP section, use [TAGS] in your topic's title.

See rules

--Sonic

My friends computer is completely un-funtional. Has so much mal-ware i was unable to save it. I was able to save it the first time around then he didnt maintain it again and now i cant control it. So i came up with the decision of reformatting. Although i dont have the reformat CD for the harddrive. Is there anyway i can reformat his PC w/out having the HDD CD? If so please suggest.

Thanks,

Matrix ;)

;) format c: ;) wil do the thing you want, i hoop you know that you have to boot with dos or win95, 98 boot disk

If you have sommit like Win 98, you have to make a bootable floppy disk, can be made on any other machine, eithe ron WIn XP, right click on the floppy drive, format, create MS-DOS start up disk.

or in WIn 98 go through the control panel in add remove programs, there a tab for creating this disk, cant remmeber where exactly.

use eithe rof those to boot to, then like previously stated, when it loads type format c:

then wait :P

if its WIN XP, setup will format for you after a few stages, if you've lost that disk, well...stuffed, so gotta get a new one ;)

if its WIN XP, setup will format for you after a few stages, if you've lost that disk, well...stuffed, so gotta get a new one ;)

It's the solution :thumbup

Windows XP can manage hard disk directly during the Setup !