7800GT Overclock

Aegis

I was considering using the NV5, but the base of the NV5 does not make contact with the memory modules. Instead they use thick thermal pads , which wouldn't be as efficient (V-1U uses RAM sinks).

Well, that leaves you with one of two options:

• Remove the thermal pads and use a dab of Arctic Silver or Ceramique between the memory and the base.
  • Cut off the area of the base that makes contact with the memory and use ramsinks(I recommend Swiftech's due to their high density).

In either case, I would definitely recommend the Silencer over the V-1U any day.

Oh... and for additional cooling efficiency, you can always duct the Silencer from an intake fan and have its airflow completely auxillary to the rest of the case.

*sniopped*

Well, that leaves you with one of two options:

[*] Remove the thermal pads and use a dab of Arctic Silver or Ceramique between the memory and the base.

thats not going to work very well if the gaps +2mm....... (even on a smaller gap i'd be worried about running that...)

i got 2 evaga 7800 gt co's

I volt moded them

they are already great, 570/1.1

now I got 585/1.7

I think it could be because I am using sli ...

stock coolers there, they are LOUD, during boot up, but quiet, as soon as windows starts, but then again, they still the loudest things in my system, even more so than a 120MM 89CFM fan at full.

Edited by gdogg

• 1 month later...